The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ive applied there! havent heard back yet though :frown: Willoughby is my other choice x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Eta
Anyone else ? :smile:

Hey I'm a fellow-hopeful-rutland-medic-to-be too lol!! Really hope i make the grades :woo: I'm really looking forward to being in the most patriotic hall.....everyone only hates us cos we're the BEST!!! Are you in an en-suite??
Reply 3
buck-your-waas
Hey I'm a fellow-hopeful-rutland-medic-to-be too lol!! Really hope i make the grades :woo: I'm really looking forward to being in the most patriotic hall.....everyone only hates us cos we're the BEST!!! Are you in an en-suite??

Haha nice :smile:
yerr I am, are you?

it's only AAB, I would probably end my life if i missed it lol
Eta
Haha nice :smile:
yerr I am, are you?

it's only AAB, I would probably end my life if i missed it lol

Yep I'm in an ensuite too, we could be neighbours. Which is good for you as I'm planning to bring CAKE on the first day :woo:

Nottingham Medicine is so perfecto for me, I would probably end my life too or emigrate somewhere remote if i missed these grades. I still can't believe I actually have an offer, its so surreal.

And Rutland Rocks!!!!
Reply 5
buck-your-waas
Yep I'm in an ensuite too, we could be neighbours. Which is good for you as I'm planning to bring CAKE on the first day :woo:

Nottingham Medicine is so perfecto for me, I would probably end my life too or emigrate somewhere remote if i missed these grades. I still can't believe I actually have an offer, its so surreal.

And Rutland Rocks!!!!

I like you already :smile:
Yer same, i never understood just how hard it was to get in until I tried, so grateful for having an offer :smile:
Yer I agree Nottingham is practically the perfect course for me
Eta
I like you already :smile:
Yer same, i never understood just how hard it was to get in until I tried, so grateful for having an offer :smile:
Yer I agree Nottingham is practically the perfect course for me

Wooo!!!! I have a new best friend already ( I bet you're really scared now lol) Notts is strange, i think its a bit like marmite, as people either seem to love it or hate it. But we obviously love it so MEH to them

I always knew it was going to be tough to get in, looking back i don't understand why I doubted myself so much and I wish I was more positive at the beginning of the application process. And I wish could work harder now to actually get the flippin grades to go lol!!!!

The med course is FABNOSITY. I mean, two degrees for the price and time as 1?? Whats not to love?? You get haters jabbering on about how its only worth 1 MTAS point and its increases workload but, again, TRIPLE MEH. :yep:

And OMG, the campus is so beautiful and the QMC is so cooooool.....can't wait!!!!!!!

Better do some of this then today.... :work: LOL
Reply 7
buck-your-waas
Wooo!!!! I have a new best friend already ( I bet you're really scared now lol) Notts is strange, i think its a bit like marmite, as people either seem to love it or hate it. But we obviously love it so MEH to them

I always knew it was going to be tough to get in, looking back i don't understand why I doubted myself so much and I wish I was more positive at the beginning of the application process. And I wish could work harder now to actually get the flippin grades to go lol!!!!

The med course is FABNOSITY. I mean, two degrees for the price and time as 1?? Whats not to love?? You get haters jabbering on about how its only worth 1 MTAS point and its increases workload but, again, TRIPLE MEH. :yep:

And OMG, the campus is so beautiful and the QMC is so cooooool.....can't wait!!!!!!!

Better do some of this then today.... :work: LOL

Hah yer I know what you mean, some people just focus on gun-crime rate and things like that, and are all negative :P

Yer the QMC is really good, that has to be amongst the best few places in the country for somewhere to learn medicine.

Yer the BMedSci is definitely a plus and the campus is nice :smile:

Yer I'm gona do a bit of that :work:
I want good scores :P
Eta
Hah yer I know what you mean, some people just focus on gun-crime rate and things like that, and are all negative :P

Yer the QMC is really good, that has to be amongst the best few places in the country for somewhere to learn medicine.

Yer the BMedSci is definitely a plus and the campus is nice :smile:

Yer I'm gona do a bit of that :work:
I want good scores :P

Sadly gun crime is unavoidable all over the country now I think, and Nottingham does have crime but I think its no worse than London and the other major citys. From what I've heard anyway as a student in Nottingham you rarely encounter the bad areas so we should be ok. And anyway, if we do get attacked we can treat ourselves so YAY :p:

QMC is fab, we're very lucky to have such a big hospital right next to the med school, as we'll get to meet patients very frequently and very early on in the course

Btw, me and my friend were trying to work out where that big silver tube from the QMC leads to. The one that goes over the dual carriageway, you can see it as you go over the bridge from the main campus to the med school. You don't happen to know do you?? :confused:
Reply 9
Yer it just connects onto the CBS (centre for biomolecular sciences), which is just a building on the main campus. If you cross the bridge from the first floor of the QMC, then you get into CBS, go down a couple of flights of stairs or take the lift, and you come out in the campus.
Reply 10
Oh unless I just described the bridge that you can see the tube from?
I dont know what tube you are talking about
Eta
Oh unless I just described the bridge that you can see the tube from?
I dont know what tube you are talking about

Lol yeah you did. Its basically a big silver tube that runs parallel to the bridge....have a look when you (fingers crossed) go there. I reckon its the passage to a secret portal where they keep the failed med students :eek: Or the Psychology Students....HAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply 12
buck-your-waas
Lol yeah you did. Its basically a big silver tube that runs parallel to the bridge....have a look when you (fingers crossed) go there. I reckon its the passage to a secret portal where they keep the failed med students :eek: Or the Psychology Students....HAHAHAHAHAHA

Could be for cables or something. No doubt theres a network link between the hospital and the campus and it may have been too expensive to dig underground to lay cables :P
Eta
Could be for cables or something. No doubt theres a network link between the hospital and the campus and it may have been too expensive to dig underground to lay cables :P

Haha what a good, reasonable suggestion. Makes much more sense than the wackynosity that was going on in my head. You'd make a fab doctor lol!!

Oh btw, did you get a letter from Notts today?? I was so excited when I opened it, i thought they might be telling me that they don't care about my grades anymore and just want me to come anyway (!!!) But it turned out to be forms for a health and CRB check, whick we have to pay 36 QUID for!!!!!! :eek3: Have you started the immunisation process or are you waiting until you get there??

Gosh, everything feels so real now doesn't it?? I am a mixture of scardiness, nervousness, happiness and excitement!!!!!!!!! :woo:
I've got a shared study room and I'm studying politics.

I pity the poor soul that has to room with me.
cunningstunt87
I've got a shared study room and I'm studying politics.

I pity the poor soul that has to room with me.

Yay another rutlander!! I was beginning to think that me and Eta were the only ones living there lol. Ah, a politics student!! Politics students are so good to have a banter with lol...

Now heres the big question....Are you or are you not planning to bring cake/games on the first day?? :hmmm:
Reply 16
buck-your-waas
Haha what a good, reasonable suggestion. Makes much more sense than the wackynosity that was going on in my head. You'd make a fab doctor lol!!

Oh btw, did you get a letter from Notts today?? I was so excited when I opened it, i thought they might be telling me that they don't care about my grades anymore and just want me to come anyway (!!!) But it turned out to be forms for a health and CRB check, whick we have to pay 36 QUID for!!!!!! :eek3: Have you started the immunisation process or are you waiting until you get there??

Gosh, everything feels so real now doesn't it?? I am a mixture of scardiness, nervousness, happiness and excitement!!!!!!!!! :woo:

Yer I got it the other day. Took the health record check to the GP surgery and that cost £15 to get the GP to sign it.

Havn't filled in the CRB check yet, will do that at some stage

Erm I havn't started any immunisation process, so when i get there i guess? I hope that won't be a problem? what do you know about it?
What about you?

Yer it's getting there, I pretty much agree with those emotions :P It's pretty intense atm, will probably more excited after A levels are finished.
Hey guys, I've confirmed my offer of Nottingham - Chinese Studies - Rutland Hall 09' En-Suite.

So, I guess I should be saying hey neighbours to you three ;P

We should meet up for a drink during freshers haha.
buck-your-waas
Yay another rutlander!! I was beginning to think that me and Eta were the only ones living there lol. Ah, a politics student!! Politics students are so good to have a banter with lol...

Now heres the big question....Are you or are you not planning to bring cake/games on the first day?? :hmmm:

I've not thought that far ahead yet. I might bring haribo!! I'm expecting an almost carnival like atmosphere!!

:woo: :cool: :woo:
Eta
Yer I got it the other day. Took the health record check to the GP surgery and that cost £15 to get the GP to sign it.

Havn't filled in the CRB check yet, will do that at some stage

Erm I havn't started any immunisation process, so when i get there i guess? I hope that won't be a problem? what do you know about it?
What about you?

Yer it's getting there, I pretty much agree with those emotions :P It's pretty intense atm, will probably more excited after A levels are finished.

Lol stingy GP!!! £15 for a signature? Meh, I would probably charge the same....:p:

I've had the first two injections, but it honestly doesn't matter as they're gonna give us a checkover when we get there (a bit like MOT!!!), to see what injections we need.

Latest

Trending

Trending