The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

U Too!
Reply 2
lmao, read that as "you tool"
Reply 3
OMG THAT EXAM PAPER WAS WEIRD.

Seriously... some of the questions I didnt know what to calculate!

Did anyone do the rubber extension question that was 6 marks?
I put the stand clamp and attatched the rubber, measure it, add known mass, measure length of rubber again, calculate delta L and find K using the equation F=KdeltaL.
Do repeats to increase accuracy and plot a graph of force against extention.

...please someone telll me Iam right... T__T I swear I am gonna cry if thats wrong.
Reply 4
Haruhi
OMG THAT EXAM PAPER WAS WEIRD.

Seriously... some of the questions I didnt know what to calculate!

Did anyone do the rubber extension question that was 6 marks?
I put the stand clamp and attatched the rubber, measure it, add known mass, measure length of rubber again, calculate delta L and find K using the equation F=KdeltaL.
Do repeats to increase accuracy and plot a graph of force against extention.

...please someone telll me Iam right... T__T I swear I am gonna cry if thats wrong.

Basically what I did!
I did mention Searle's apparatus (don't know if it will get me any marks) but I said use a vernier and measure the extension that way. And obviously have known weights and stuff!
Didn't mention about k though...hmmm but did mention about the force/extenstion graph.

Overall, quite a nice paper!
Reply 5
furry747
Basically what I did!
I did mention Searle's apparatus (don't know if it will get me any marks) but I said use a vernier and measure the extension that way. And obviously have known weights and stuff!
Didn't mention about k though...hmmm but did mention about the force/extenstion graph.

Overall, quite a nice paper!

I didnt mention any names of instruments used... except for the known mass, rubber and clamp. Do you think I'll lose marks?

OH and that ''Account for'' question in question 1... I did Ep - Ev = Ans
2800 (or something) - Ans = 1700.96 (I cant remember).
Reply 6
Haruhi
I didnt mention any names of instruments used... except for the known mass, rubber and clamp. Do you think I'll lose marks?

OH and that ''Account for'' question in question 1... I did Ep - Ev = Ans
2800 (or something) - Ans = 1700.96 (I cant remember).

Well, at first I thought it was a calculation...

Then I think you had to explain the difference in E_p and E_k and say that E_p decreases due to travelling down, and E_k increases as velocity increases. But as you reach terminal velocity, E_p reduces, but E_k stays constant, and this is where the work done to overcome friction comes in. Thats what I wrote anyway, and it gave you lines, not a blank space which meant to me they wanted an explanation.

They did say in the question "Account for...".

For the first part (the bike bit) did you get something like 8700 for potential and 8000 for kinetic energy?
Reply 7
what did you get for the average horizontal force of the bike?
Reply 8
furry747
Well, at first I thought it was a calculation...

Then I think you had to explain the difference in E_p and E_k and say that E_p decreases due to travelling down, and E_k increases as velocity increases. But as you reach terminal velocity, E_p reduces, but E_k stays constant, and this is where the work done to overcome friction comes in. Thats what I wrote anyway, and it gave you lines, not a blank space which meant to me they wanted an explanation.

They did say in the question "Account for...".

For the first part (the bike bit) did you get something like 8700 for potential and 8000 for kinetic energy?

OMG THATS SO NOT FAIR!!!! I WAS GONNA WRITE ABOUT IT AFTER THE CALCULATIONS BUT THEN I FORGOT!

And yea... i got 8700 I THINK. you just do Ek = 1/2mv^2 for kunetic energy and Ep=mgdeltah for potential energy.
Reply 9
quite a good paper i think. i also wrote on the account for question , about friction and air resistance and sutff, just wrote loads of random stuff basicly didnt calculate anything though. i cant realy think of a question that was that difficult realy.
Reply 10
Izzwizz0

Isnt that F = ma?
I think I got -54 something... because it was a deceleration.
Reply 11
Haruhi
Isnt that F = ma?

oh dear i did work done =force * distance
and got 15 ooooops
Reply 12
Izzwizz0

cant remember awnser but i used F=ma so they gave u mass , said acceleration was constant so i just did 16/t which was 20 seconds i think and then do the mass which was like 66kg ?? times by 16/20.... anyonelse do tht?
Reply 13
OH that graph question... I explained aobut Ep hcanging into Ek and all... is that right?

What did everyone get for the first question about the crane.. the tension thing.
Reply 14
Haruhi
Isnt that F = ma?

I got 54, but I left is positive because it said about the horizontal force (didn't specify which direction) but I don't think that would make a difference tbh.

What did people put for the phase difference question?

I put Pi/2 radians, I also put 90 degrees?

Sound about right?
yea I put 90 degrees
Reply 16
kayn
cant remember awnser but i used F=ma so they gave u mass , said acceleration was constant so i just did 16/t which was 20 seconds i think and then do the mass which was like 66kg ?? times by 16/20.... anyonelse do tht?

I got 20 seconds for the ball falling in oil.
frictional force = (change in kinetic energy/displacement)

and the answer was 54.2N i think ...
Reply 18
furry747
I got 54, but I left is positive because it said about the horizontal force (didn't specify which direction) but I don't think that would make a difference tbh.

What did people put for the phase difference question?

I put Pi/2 radians, I also put 90 degrees?

Sound about right?

O__O I put 2.5pie.
Reply 19
well i put loads of random crap near my awnser like pi/4 and pi/2 etc but i put 90 degrees in the awnser bit , hopefully the marker will be ok with that