The Student Room Group

Revision Thread for A2 Edexcel Route C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
does anyone have anything on pressure groups, federalism and UK/USA comparisons on everything (my teacher decided to miss it out)

what ever you can give me would be amazing coz anything is better than nothing

soooo much to learn and so little time, o well must get my head down and get on with it
Reply 61
Circe
Our teacher went to an exam board meeting, and apparently the Chief Examiner gave some clues as to what's going to be on the paper - how elections work (primaries, caucuses, etc), federalism and effectiveness of Congress seemed most likely. He didn't mention anything topical, like why Obama won, but I still think there's a good chance of that coming up.

well dont they write the papers like 3 years in advance..so they wont know who won the election, but they could have a question which is like

what are the factors that influenced the election....blah blah

?
Reply 62
any1 know what questions were in unit 5 in jan?
Reply 63
blondie89
any1 know what questions were in unit 5 in jan?

there is no unit 5 in jan
Reply 64
bt_1000
there is no unit 5 in jan

oh really, thanks, just unit 4 then?

no wonder i couldnt find it!
Reply 65
blondie89
oh really, thanks, just unit 4 then?

no wonder i couldnt find it!

ye, just unit 4
Reply 66
has anyone got any predictions for the unit 4 exam...and is it ok to just study electoral system pressure groups and civil rights and just leave out political parties???
Reply 67
yeah 3 topics are okay, as long you know the topics inside out
Reply 68
actress101
has anyone got any predictions for the unit 4 exam...and is it ok to just study electoral system pressure groups and civil rights and just leave out political parties???

thats what i'm doing. but in june 06, there were 2 essay questions on political parties, so quite risky
Reply 69
bt_1000
thats what i'm doing. but in june 06, there were 2 essay questions on political parties, so quite risky

do you mean 2 60 markers or 2 20 markers or one 60, one 20.
Reply 70
bdw is vice-presidency on unit 4? coz i'm so confused :s-smilie:
Reply 71
bt_1000

i find political parties quite long to go through and it is my weakest topic, so i think its best if i just miss it out!
Reply 72
does anyone have any advice on how to answer 60 mark questions, like how many points to put in essay and how long it should be
Reply 73
chris007as
does anyone have any advice on how to answer 60 mark questions, like how many points to put in essay and how long it should be

i was told 8 paragraphs:

intro
uk 1
us 1
uk 2
us 2
uk 3
us 3
conclusion
"Assess how the events of September 11, 2001, have affect the US Presidency"

What do I put into this? My ind goes blank every time I look at it, and for some reason i keep thinking it will come up!
Reply 75
Ben Curnow
"Assess how the events of September 11, 2001, have affect the US Presidency"

What do I put into this? My ind goes blank every time I look at it, and for some reason i keep thinking it will come up!

Talk about Guantanamo, and how the S.C ruled that prisoners there had the right to trial.
The establishment of the Dept. of Homeland Security and how that helped increase the federal bureaucracy's powers and indeed that of the Presiden'ts with regards to the individual states'.
The PATRIOT Act - infringing civil liverties
Pres. as commander in chief (?)

That's all i've got.
Reply 76
bt_1000
i was told 8 paragraphs:

intro
uk 1
us 1
uk 2
us 2
uk 3
us 3
conclusion

what about the non comparative papers
will.
Talk about Guantanamo, and how the S.C ruled that prisoners there had the right to trial.
The establishment of the Dept. of Homeland Security and how that helped increase the federal bureaucracy's powers and indeed that of the Presiden'ts with regards to the individual states'.
The PATRIOT Act - infringing civil liverties
Pres. as commander in chief (?)

That's all i've got.

exactly......there is so little! and yet its a huge question, and i cant find anywhere that it might be covered in depth!
it came up on a Comparitive paper too, and i dont really now what blair managed to do!
Reply 78
found some good notes from a previous thread

http://www.room85.com/new/resource.htm
Reply 79
chris007as
do you mean 2 60 markers or 2 20 markers or one 60, one 20.

There were two 60 markers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending