The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Shell Island, North Wales.
Most people that go are under 18.
Or just go to a music festival.
Me and my friends went hiking round Cornwall when we were 16, stayed in 5 different youth hostels and no one cared about our age.

It depends what you want to do. Hiking's good fun but don't do it if you're not cut out for it!! I'd recommend St Ives; good beaches, good food and loads of campsites. Or alternatively there are youth hostels in London if you wanted to be in a city.
Reply 3
my friends and I are camping out in my garden for a week or so after prom. Not exactly freedom but free food, free showers, free TV, free trampoline, free blowup pool. We bought a tent... it's awesome =D
Yeah we're having the same problem - we'd love to camp independntly but there's nowhere to go and we're only 15&16 anyway so we've got much less chance. Instead we're having a tour of people's gardens... hard core -_-
But, at least it's something to do!
Reply 4
In Newquay, Cornwall there's a student campsite that's really cheap - £35 for 4 nights or £60 for the week per person. That's really cheap for Cornwall and they accept anyone over the age of 16.
The place is called Rosecliston Holiday Park and the website is www.rosecliston.co.uk

:smile:
Reply 5
HannahBanana...h
me and my friends want to go somewhere this year, as a celebration for the end of year but none of us are over 18 and i know most places have a problem with this.....

anyone have any ideas where we could go?

Hey! If your looking to go to Cornwall check out

http://www.trethiggey.co.uk/camping/default.aspx

Went first when we were 15 and again the next year! (Both for a week)

Its not a large campsite but everyones so friendly and its clean etc. Plus they have a taxi service that takes you from the campsite to the beach for £1 each.

It was brilliant holidays :smile: plus they dont mind underage drinking etc aslong as you dont cause trouble :p: enjoy