The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Major Student Nights in Southampton?

Can anyone list the major clubs or clubnights in Southampton?

what goes on on each night etc? nothing in crazy detail, just want to get a vague idea of the nightlife! Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 1
Monday - Cheap @ Jesters
Tuesday - Cheap @ Sobar or Tight and Bright @ Reflex
Wed - Student Night @ Oceana or AU night @ Jesters or Cheap @ Dungeon or Alternative @ Rhino
Thur - Metal/Punk @ Unit
Fri - Kinki @ The Cube

I'm sure there's alot of other stuff going on for the nights I listed and the weekend but I tend not to frequent the main city clubs if I can avoid it.
If your just around the city center in the summer take a look at whitehouse, junk, rhino, oceana, kaos, unit, orange rooms and reflex. I'm not sure what of the above would be running.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Revs is awesome always. (Vodka Revolutions, that is)
Reply 3
omicronlyrae
Revs is awesome always. (Vodka Revolutions, that is)

Is that the one that is the same franchise as the one in Manchester on Deansgate Lock. I went theyre the other night, it was brilliant.
i would assume so, Revs are everywhere.
Reply 5
Thanks for the info - anyone else got any comments?

REP AVAILABLE! I need to find out about the nightlife for a project: most importantly where students go on each night of the week!
Reply 6
Monday - Jesters
Tuesday - Buddha Lounge/Orange Rooms/Vodka Revs - Bedford Place!
Wednesday - Oceana/AU Jesters
Thursday - (Pretty much nowhere, although most likely...) Portswood - Sobar/Jesters
Friday - Kinki!!
Monday - Jesters
Tuesday - Sobar... £1 doubles or quids in at Orange Rooms
Wednesday - student night at Oceana
Thursday - as someone allready said..no where really, sobar again probably
Friday - Kinki, or even more sobar
Reply 8
Whitehouse isn't bad on a Thursday is it? Haven't been in a while though.
Monday OC is an alternative.
Mondays: Jesters cheap night (like it's not cheap already!), or The OC in town cheap night

Tuesdays: SoBar cheap night, or Orange Rooms in town cheap night - followed by Revs free entry

Wednesday: AU night at Jesters or Oceana

Thursday: None that I know of

Friday: Kinki at the Cube

I tend to go to all of the cheap nights in town, but go to Jesters/SoBar whenever I feel like it, seeing as it's already pretty damn cheap there, and it's ridiculously busy on their cheap nights. I personally never go to Oceana, really. Whitehouse in town is also pretty groovy, but it brings out my mischievous side, and it's also quite expensive.
Can someone explain what a AU night is please? Am I right in thinking that its a clubs and soc's night?

Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by DarkAngel04
Can someone explain what a AU night is please? Am I right in thinking that its a clubs and soc's night?

Thanks

Athletic union. But other societies tend to do socials on a Wednesday as well.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest