The Student Room Group
LSE you're short of GCSEs

warwick and oxbridge anything goes

no idea what books to recommended but i just thought i'd add that for you :smile:
Reply 2
Keyblade92
At Oxbridge, LSE, or Warwick - what would give me an edge over other candidates?

I know how to get an edge over other candidates. But If disclose, how will I have an edge over you?
Keyblade92
At Oxbridge, LSE, or Warwick - what would give me an edge over other candidates?

no way
Reply 4
rnshan
I know how to get an edge over other candidates. But If disclose, how will I have an edge over you?

Good point there

BetterThanYesterday
no way

Please, don't be too helpful.
Reply 5
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
LSE you're short of GCSEs

warwick and oxbridge anything goes

no idea what books to recommended but i just thought i'd add that for you :smile:

What's wrong the amount of GCSE's I have?
Keyblade92
What's wrong the amount of GCSE's I have?

They want 8 A*s
Reply 7
They do want a lot of A*s but they do accept some who don't if they see you're amazing so it depends if you're amazing and can show that you're right for the Econ course.
Reply 8
Warwick reading list I got sent includes:

"The misfortunes of prosperity"- Daniel Cohen
"The undercover economist"- Tim Harford
"the wealth of poverty and nations"- D Landes
"The truth about markets"- John Kay
"The elusive quest for growth: Economist's adventures and misadventures in the tropics"- William Easterly
"The bottom Billion: why the poorest countries are failing and what can be done about it"- Paul Collier.

There are more but that should be enough to get started on :smile:

NB these are all books aimed at beginners in economics.
Reply 9
i read the undercover economists in my as year, amazing book, very very interesting.
Reply 10
You will get an edge not by citing the name of something you have read, but rather by having a proper argument about the thing in your ps - its understanding that matters. To that extent most stuff on first year reading lists is fine, although I would advise you to steer clear of popular choices.
Reply 11
i'm going to try and read some more stimulating texts like books by keynes, just so i can really understand what macroeconomics really entails, this would also give me a discussion point on my personal statement if i find something quite interesting to comment on

Latest