The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
Medievalist
So I just accepted my offer for accomodation in Dean's court, I was wondering if anyone else would be living there? (or if i get it all to myself? lol)

I've never heard of Dean's Court :| Where is it?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I thought its the postgraduate accomodation. Just saw it on the accomodation website.
Looks pretty nice :smile:
Reply 3
Hi there,

Are you a post-grad? If so, would you mind telling me how much your 52 week fees are? I've just received an offer I can't afford so I'm trying to see what the going rate is this year.

Thanks
Reply 4
If you mean me, then no :smile: But you could have a look at the accomofation website. There are all the prices for accomodation.
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/pgstudents/accommodation/Postgraduateresidencefees/
Reply 5
Thanks for your help, but I already know what the "official" prices of the halls are.

Also, on the post-grad application form, there's no box saying "give me the cheapest room possible" which you can tick. They just give you what they think is best, in line with a few questions regarding preferences.

cheers anyway
Reply 6
hmm I just know it from the undergraduate form that you can write some extra notes down and you could just mention that you need cheaper accomodation because you cant afford it.
M_E_X
I've never heard of Dean's Court :| Where is it?

It's a postgrad-only catered residence. It's located across from the Cathedral, further along than most students go everyday (usually as far as the Buchanan and that's it).
Reply 8
I'm in Dean's Court too! Got my offer today - very excited as it was my first choice! Should be a fun year :-)
Reply 9
:woo: I want my offer :woo:
Reply 10
You guys are so lucky to be living in town...my year here would have been much more convenient if I had!
Reply 11
LisMags
I'm in Dean's Court too! Got my offer today - very excited as it was my first choice! Should be a fun year :-)

Awesome, what room will ya be in? I believe I'll be in 33. I'm quite excited, it looks gorgeous.

Also, for the guy asking about price I believe it is like 6,400 something pounds for the 50 weeks which ill be doing.
Reply 12
Medievalist
Awesome, what room will ya be in? I believe I'll be in 33. I'm quite excited, it looks gorgeous.

I'm assigned #31, but I had read somewhere that the numbers are just the order in which we're offered a place and we don't get our actual room assignments 'til we arrive. There are only 48 of us anyway, so we can't be that far from each other! Have you seen pictures of the dining room? It's unbelievable! (If you haven't just google image "deans court dining" and it's the first picture that comes up).
LisMags
I'm assigned #31, but I had read somewhere that the numbers are just the order in which we're offered a place and we don't get our actual room assignments 'til we arrive. There are only 48 of us anyway, so we can't be that far from each other! Have you seen pictures of the dining room? It's unbelievable! (If you haven't just google image "deans court dining" and it's the first picture that comes up).

*googles* :eek: :eek3: :eek: When I'm a postgrad...
Reply 14
WTF our undergraduate dining rooms are nothing compared to this :frown:
Reply 15
yeah I love how the dining room looks... it reminds me of a hobbit hole for some reason.
Reply 16
Are there any pictures of what the actual rooms look like? I've been searching but no luck :frown:
hankhank

Also, on the post-grad application form, there's no box saying "give me the cheapest room possible" which you can tick. They just give you what they think is best, in line with a few questions regarding preferences.

cheers anyway

Then you contact accom services and make a polite request. They are in my experience, quite accommodating.

Can you be a subwarden for a hall? In catered halls you get free rent (often a flat), free food in exhange for being responsible etc

Latest

Trending

Trending