The Student Room Group

Help needed to print my poem and frame it!

Hi there guys

Basically i wanted to print my poem professionally as a gift for someone and have it framed. But i am having trouble finding a company that would print it for me on nice paper and a nice font. I dont want to get it published..its just as a gift for someone. Does anybody know of any companies i can use online?

Thankyou in advance

Nav
I don't know of online, but any photo processing place would do a good job of it. Just go in with it on disk, preferably as a PDF. I've done similar things several times.
Reply 2
mikeyd85
I don't know of online, but any photo processing place would do a good job of it. Just go in with it on disk, preferably as a PDF. I've done similar things several times.

I work in a photo processing place and we can't do PDFs :frown: If the OP was to type it all out and edit it how he wanted, then printscreen it and save it as a jpeg, then we could print it :smile: But it's glossy paper...if I wanted to print a poem, I'd want it on more like CV paper, which you can buy in WHSmith probably.
SoapyDish
I work in a photo processing place and we can't do PDFs :frown: If the OP was to type it all out and edit it how he wanted, then printscreen it and save it as a jpeg, then we could print it :smile: But it's glossy paper...if I wanted to print a poem, I'd want it on more like CV paper, which you can buy in WHSmith probably.

Apparently, the place where I get my pics done is a lot better than the one you work at! :p:
Why cant you buy some fancy paper and print it out yourself? You can get thousands of free fonts on the internet if you are needing one...
scott202
Why cant you buy some fancy paper and print it out yourself? You can get thousands of free fonts on the internet if you are needing one...

Perhaps he doesn't have a fancy printer?
Reply 6
mikeyd85
Apparently, the place where I get my pics done is a lot better than the one you work at! :p:

We print photos! We're a photo processing place, not a poem printing place! :p:
SoapyDish
We print photos! We're a photo processing place, not a poem printing place! :p:

TBF, the place I go prints everything, t-shirts, mugs, anything. It also sells surfing equipment!
mikeyd85
Perhaps he doesn't have a fancy printer?

I don't think he has a dot matrix printer... Won't any printer do? It's a poem not a photo..
scott202
I don't think he has a dot matrix printer... Won't any printer do? It's a poem not a photo..

I dunno. If he's framing it and all that, probably just wants to make it feel a little more special. That, or he's out of ink.
mikeyd85
TBF, the place I go prints everything, t-shirts, mugs, anything. It also sells surfing equipment!

We only have a little lab, it's in a Boots shop, so we don't do all that :frown: But we can send off for it!

We don't do surfing equipment, but you can amuse us by coming to buy just condoms, lube and a disposable camera...
SoapyDish
We only have a little lab, it's in a Boots shop, so we don't do all that :frown: But we can send off for it!

We don't do surfing equipment, but you can amuse us by coming to buy just condoms, lube and a disposable camera...

Ah, fair play. Can I get a hot air balloon experience with that?
mikeyd85
Ah, fair play. Can I get a hot air balloon experience with that?

Sure you don't want the make-over and photo shoot?

That's another thing we get a lot of actually, people wanting copies of photos from professional shoots...sorry dear, copyright!
SoapyDish
Sure you don't want the make-over and photo shoot?

That's another thing we get a lot of actually, people wanting copies of photos from professional shoots...sorry dear, copyright!

Hmmmm.... lube, condoms and a photo shoot.... A new career perhaps?

Ha, never knew you couldn't do reprints of pro shots!
A poem my son wrote it’s faded now but want it rewritten and framed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending