The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Warehouse, bitchy fashion. I hate it when it's your fault they didn't keep the receipt, and travelled a whole 20 minutes to find this out. F***ing old slags.
Reply 21
whitepearlbaby
That's not exactly annoying but really cute (in a retarded cute way) :biggrin:

lol I'd usually list off many annoying things, but I had quite a nice day at work today so I decided to lighten the mood.

Oh Oh someone also asked if we did aluminium welding once.
Reply 22
rosieee91
One old guy actually clicked his fingers at one of the waiters to get his attention...so he just walked past him.

Poor service if you ask me - waiter was in the wrong
Mr Snips
Poor service if you ask me - waiter was in the wrong

A simple "excuse me" would've sufficed. Clicking is just rude.
Reply 24
I work in a Pharmacy, and because I've been there 7 months, and have to work with a couple of girls who only started last month, I offer to help them. However, when I finish their job (eg. Find a prescription after they've spent 10mins doing nothing) the customer shouts at me for wasting their time!

Does anyone also have to worry about mystery shoppers?!
Reply 25
rosieee91
A simple "excuse me" would've sufficed. Clicking is just rude.

Rude or not, that doesn't give the waiter the right to ignore a paying customer.
Reply 26
manx1991
I work in a Pharmacy, and because I've been there 7 months, and have to work with a couple of girls who only started last month, I offer to help them. However, when I finish their job (eg. Find a prescription after they've spent 10mins doing nothing) the customer shouts at me for wasting their time!

Does anyone also have to worry about mystery shoppers?!

Not that I know about . . . but that must be stressful! Although, some of the customers might as well be.

Another problem with my job, is I'm given more and more to do each week. And I had 3 weeks off over the exam period, and it was almost like doing a new job - well, 2 peoples jobs in one day - I was rushed off my feet, and was told that there was a shoplifter or the rounds in the last week targeting sunglasses that we sell. Well on Saturday just gone, I was staring at this man trying on these sunnies, so he probably thought I was a bit weird, anyway, he left some on the side and walked over to the other end of the shop, and I was dealing with another customer, the next thing I realised, was that the sunnies on the side had gone - so I run over to check say "ahhhh the sunnies have gone" - feeling rather sick at this point as thery are very expensive, and the man comes out from around the corner, and says no! I've got them! - phew! :o:
Reply 27
Returns policies.
People just assume that without a receipt they can just exchange or get a credit note with no questions asked. Wrong, I am going to challenge it. And if I do let you exchange it's only at the till value. Oh, look, it's Β£1, you definately paid Β£15 for it? ********. First off, if you did, you would be well out of your 28 days for returning it, because if something will never go into a sale from Β£15 straight to Β£1 (or in cases where it's half price rather than Β£1, we haven't had a sale in the past 28 days). Secondly, you have no proof that you paid that amount. Some customers at this point will then magically produce a receipt proving they paid full price, which then also shows they are out of 28 days. Again, exchange at till value. We have a returns policy, if you fail to abide by it, you lose out.
Of course there is the Matalan card, which keeps track of everything you buy, so we can in fact look up how much you paid. I have had, on several occasions, a customer return something without a receipt, claiming they bought it only a couple of weeks ago. It comes up on the till at a Β£1, they swear they paid full price. After a lengthy argument about us not having had any price reductions recently so I am 99% sure they would have paid Β£1 if they bought it when they said they did, I look it up on their Matalan card. The customer then is very embarassed and apologies profusely when it pops up on my screen, that they did in fact pay only Β£1.
Reply 28
See this thread for loads of stories about annoying customers http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=426805 yes there is that many annoying customers!
Reply 29
hobo06
Returns policies.
People just assume that without a receipt they can just exchange or get a credit note with no questions asked. Wrong, I am going to challenge it. And if I do let you exchange it's only at the till value. Oh, look, it's Β£1, you definitely paid Β£15 for it? ********. First off, if you did, you would be well out of your 28 days for returning it, because if something will never go into a sale from Β£15 straight to Β£1 (or in cases where it's half price rather than Β£1, we haven't had a sale in the past 28 days). Secondly, you have no proof that you paid that amount. Some customers at this point will then magically produce a receipt proving they paid full price, which then also shows they are out of 28 days. Again, exchange at till value. We have a returns policy, if you fail to abide by it, you lose out.

Ohh we had that problem, it took one fella THREE months before he realised his machine thingie didn't work... I was so tempted to say 'battery's don't last forever mate' and he was insistant that he'd only got it a few weeks ago.. and that was with a reciept
Reply 30
i work at smiths and i'v had my fair share of assholes; recently, an old man started getting really angry at me because he wanted a big RECYCLABLE bag and we have to charge 6p for them, so he started off on one and shouted- for christ sakes i'v got six of these bags already at home!! i just felt like shouting back thats the point!thats why they're called RECYCLABLE bags ffs. *ends rant*
Laurah5498
I'm on lobby in McDonalds and some of the stuff is priceless.

Every Saturday at 7:30 the same woman comes in and orders a Filet of Fish. Every Saturday after she has filled her face she complains that the fish is dry and that she is never coming back.

A customer complained about me because I told her I was airing the mops because they're lonely. When a section is blocked off with two high chairs, a wet floor sign, the mop bucket and the dry mop you'd think that they'd notice that I was closing off a section.

In the 6 weeks I've worked there, I've had to clean poo out of the same urinal twice ¬¬

I never thought that actually happened.
Reply 32
People who think that us mere customer assistants decide how much staff we have in. Yes, I personally designed it so I'm the only cashier here because I love mile long ques of miserable bastards you moronic ******.
Reply 33
chilliann
i work at smiths and i'v had my fair share of assholes; recently, an old man started getting really angry at me because he wanted a big RECYCLABLE bag and we have to charge 6p for them, so he started off on one and shouted- for christ sakes i'v got six of these bags already at home!! i just felt like shouting back thats the point!thats why they're called RECYCLABLE bags ffs. *ends rant*

ahh yes, in a 3.5 hour shift at Asda i must get about 20 customers complaining their bags are in the car or the house, if you're gonna moan bring them back!

also people who complain that its 'too hot' i cant actually stand them!

and also when im about to finish my shift, i put a sign on my till to say i am closing so please use another till, but people still walk past it and complain when i tell them! as you can tell i dont really like my job...
co_co_vogue
I didnt know people actually bought bacon and egg muffins. EWW

They're more than yummy :smile:
StandardStudent
One of my mates works at a KFC up Wembley and one of the workers there got stabbed. A man ordered a 3 Piece Colonel meal but didnt get a chicken breast piece...so stabbed the cashier 2 times in the chest.

ha, harsh.
when i worked at robert dyas i got a customer come in and ask for tartan paint!
Reply 37
People who take pleasure in telling me about the weather outside. That's great, thanks, I can think about that whilst I'm stuck in here all day!
Emma:-)
Is there anyone on the student room who works in a shop, supermarket, restaurant etc and had really annoying customers.

I work in mcdonalds and we have had our fair share. One threatened to throw a brick with a bacon and egg mcmuffin selotaped to it through the window because he had apparently had a burnt one in the past and apparently the one he had on this occasion was burnt too (it wasnt at all) He never did throw it through the window.

I don't know if i'm an annoying customer, but i've definitely had annoying "salesmen". One guy took three minutes after asking different people how much a large chicken selects meal was. And he lost my coke and had to get me a new one :coma:
Reply 39
I hate customers who take the wrong meal like if I'm serving a large table and there are lots of different types of fish and someone takes the wrong one then I'm left with one person and a meal they didn't order. They get pissy and, even when their moronic friend realises they've taken (and started to eat) the wrong meal, its still my fault. Grr.

Most people are really lovely though.

Latest