The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You've been linked with Hamsik as a replacement for Alonso.
Reply 81
Hamsik? Hmmm didn't strike me as Alonso like at all when I saw him. Closer to Ben Arfa I thought. Oh and he's got a **** hair-do which will need to be got rid of.
You've been linked with Hamsik as a replacement for Alonso.

Where did you hear this? And who is he? never heard of the lad :p:. Ben Arfa looked quite a good player when I saw him a while back.
Reply 83
milan5baros
Where did you hear this? And who is he? never heard of the lad :p:. Ben Arfa looked quite a good player when I saw him a while back.

Slovakian attacking midfielder who plays for Napoli.

Not denying Ben Arfa is good but as a replacement for Alonso?
Reply 84
He was their top scorer 2 seasons ago.

Ben Arfa is not really a suitable replacement for Alonso.
Reply 85
We've been linked to Hamsik before, are you sure the press aren't just digging up old rumours? Should settle easily ish with Squirtle there already.
I think if anything, we should keep Alonso, and add someone to the squad similair to Ben Arfa, or David Silva.
Stupid Debts..:rant: :erm:
Reply 87
Hamsik is more attacking than Alonso though, would still be a good signing seeing as many big clubs are after him.
Reply 88
milan5baros
I think if anything, we should keep Alonso, and add someone to the squad similair to Ben Arfa, or David Silva.
Stupid Debts..:rant: :erm:

the debts aren't the problem here.
Reply 89
Barça
Hamsik is more attacking than Alonso though, would still be a good signing seeing as many big clubs are after him.

He would have to be more disciplined - Benitez will want whoever he has signed to play Alonso's role...
Reply 90
Time to move for van Nistelrooy :teeth:
Reply 91
Kenny Dalglish is to return to Liverpool FC, it was confirmed this afternoon.
Dalglish will assume a senior role at the Liverpool Academy and will also act as a Club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world.

Managing Director Christian Purslow commented: "In our very first meeting Rafa and I agreed that we wanted to try and bring Kenny back to the club to help Rafa really drive forward our Academy which is at the heart of our plans for the future. We are delighted he has agreed to join us and I am sure he will be very successful in his new role back at the club."
Reply 92
King Kenny back in Academy role - hopefully see a few players come through the ranks. Was it not him who signed up the likes of Gerrard and co ? Good to see him back.

If Masch does leave for Barca where will he fit into that team? Obviously dont want to see him leave, but if it comes to the worst I hope there is some sort of agreement that Barca let us have a free run at getting Villa. Drop Gerrard back into CM? :awesome:
Reply 93
TorresIX
King Kenny back in Academy role - hopefully see a few players come through the ranks. Was it not him who signed up the likes of Gerrard and co ? Good to see him back.

If Masch does leave for Barca where will he fit into that team? Obviously dont want to see him leave, but if it comes to the worst I hope there is some sort of agreement that Barca let us have a free run at getting Villa. Drop Gerrard back into CM? :awesome:

Not entirely sure why Barca would want Masch, since they have like 3 DMs (even if 2 leave for the AFC for a month). Makes little sense to me?
Barca will buy Villa once they get the cash for Eto'o from City tbh...

Cant see Rafa changing his formation. If Gerrard comes into CM, we need a new 2nd striker. Might be easier to just bring in a new CM than shift others around.
Reply 94
Owen signed for United, 2 year deal. Thoughts?
Reply 95
So far we've bought Johnson and sold Leto (and a bunch of staff). Have we done anything else of note?

In: £3.3mil from the sale
Out: £5mil for Johnson? (since £7mil write off due to being owed and £5mil is to be paid next summer?)
El Stevo

If Liverpool had done it then all the Man Utd. WUM's would be on here telling us how **** Rafa is at transfers and that he's just a drain on our wage bill (which he would have been IMO). No doubt they will somehow spin it to make SAF look like a genius. :rolleyes:

Edit: I wouldn't fancy starting at Anfield next season if I was him. :eek:
Reply 97
El Stevo

Bit disappointed we didnt make a move..
He wouldve been an experienced old boy who could have been 2nd/3rd or 4th choice as a striker (where we are lacking).
Doubt he's being paid much and is more on performance related. He still has some skills and could have fit in nicely when we were chasing a game/trying to break down lower teams.
Signing for the devils though.. not surprised much since you know he'd sell his soul.
Reply 98
Didnt think it were possible, but Owen has gone down further in my estimation, didn't think it was possible. Hope he enjoys going stale at OT.
Reply 99
DannyBoy123
If Liverpool had done it then all the Man Utd. WUM's would be on here telling us how **** Rafa is at transfers. No doubt they will somehow spin it to make SAF look like a genius. :rolleyes:

Gotta agree with you there.

Latest