The Student Room Group

How much do the Co-op pay?

Hiya

I need to know cos I had an interview with them like 2 months ago and hadnt heard anything so I threw away all the details for it thinking I hadnt got it. Then today they called out of the blue asking for my uniform size!!!

Im over 22 btw

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

£5.65. I think.

I can't remember exactly tbh.
Reply 2
Billy's Willy
£5.65. I think.

I can't remember exactly tbh.

Well that wouldnt be good cos the minimum wage is £5.73!!!
Reply 3
It's around about minimum wage.
Reply 4
Minimum Wage. Well thats what my friend gets..
Reply 5
I got £4.58, i was 17.

The uniform they provided me with was a size 18, i am a size 8.
You can imagine how comfortable i felt.
They worked me like a dog, but i got a lot of money so its not all bad.
holeysock
Well that wouldnt be good cos the minimum wage is £5.73!!!

Hmmmm....

Ok, then I'm wrong.

Minimum wage like everyone else. All I remember it wasn't very much and I spent it very quickly :eek3:
£5.68.
Reply 8
Aha

I now have the offer of employment letter & just to let anyone else know who might be wondering its £5.85 to start then rising to a massive £5.90 after 16 weeks! Thats for over 22s tho.

Whats the place like to work? Or does it just depend on who youre working with?
Reply 9
I went for an interview today for CSA and was told I would get 4.68 an hour.
Reply 10
CJN
I went for an interview today for CSA and was told I would get 4.68 an hour.

You must be a spring chicken!! Damn you :p:
Reply 11
Did you just get hired? Thats good pay but Im 17 so the min. wage is lower.
Reply 12
Yep. Starting on the 13th in a new store. Pay is not good at all really but im just happy to have got a job. Good luck to you
Reply 13
Yeah well I have experience in a shop when I did charity work so hopefully - haha compared to my 4.68 5.85 is a lot :tongue:

Did you get an interview where at the start you filled out a survey thing then all they did was ask a few questions?
Reply 14
It was an open day thing cos its a new store & everyone just filled in an application form & had an interview there & then. So they just had a quick look at my form & asked various random questions!

Took them like 2 months to finally tell me I had the job which is ridiculous but that might be cos the shop has taken longer to get ready to open.
Reply 15
Yeah I should get a call by Friday, hopefully I get it since I think I answered everything well and I talked to her about how I worked at a shop before and stuff.
I've worked for the Co-op for 14 months. I'm 19 and I earn £5.85ph - everyone earns the same over 18.

As for what it's like - it varies from day to day. Some days will be good and some you'll just wish you'd never been born.

As with every sales job, if there's something not in stock, or you've not got any £5 notes etc. then it's automatically your fault, even though all you're paid to do is get stuff from the warehouse to the shop floor and sell them at the till.

The worst part is age-restricted sales. With the new under-25 policy, we've had to ID people we've not in the past, and they can get angry!

But most of the time it is alright - and in fairness it is a job, it pays and to have one at the moment is no bad thing.
Reply 17
AlanWCollins
I've worked for the Co-op for 14 months. I'm 19 and I earn £5.85ph - everyone earns the same over 18.

As for what it's like - it varies from day to day. Some days will be good and some you'll just wish you'd never been born.

As with every sales job, if there's something not in stock, or you've not got any £5 notes etc. then it's automatically your fault, even though all you're paid to do is get stuff from the warehouse to the shop floor and sell them at the till.

The worst part is age-restricted sales. With the new under-25 policy, we've had to ID people we've not in the past, and they can get angry!

But most of the time it is alright - and in fairness it is a job, it pays and to have one at the moment is no bad thing.

I will have been working there for 2 weeks already tomorrow!

Its alright. Im working with a load of nice people so that helps.

Out of curiosity, do your managers do anything to get out of coming down to the shop floor!!! For example, they are supposed to come down & get the change order, take it up then bring it down for us but they always try to get other people to do the running up & down!

As with the under 25 policy, my town is full to bursting with oaps!! :holmes: So I haven't had that problem as yet!
Reply 18
I started working on tuesday did 6-10 and have more work tomorrow 6-9
Reply 19
Original post by MO-M-G
I got £4.58, i was 17.

The uniform they provided me with was a size 18, i am a size 8.
You can imagine how comfortable i felt.
They worked me like a dog, but i got a lot of money so its not all bad.

hiya im jus askin in random can a 16 year old work in co op

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending