The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MIZZ
i've got the cough syrup...taken regular dose
and my cough is awful..cant sleep
if i take more than recommended dose will i feel more drowsy... is it dangerous?

what cind of drop?
Reply 2
I've done it many times. It sends you off to sleep nicely. i've never had any *bad* side affects. On the other hand, you shouldnt use it too much, the stuff is addictive....

come to think of it, I wouldnt mind a swig of it right now.... :tongue:
Reply 3
dry cough syrup
apparently containsDiphenhydramine

i remember the first time i ever took it knocked me out
last 2 times it hasn't
i REALLY need some sleep now... otherwise il be up until 6am and not get up until 2-3 in the aternoon....that messes up my sleep pattern
Reply 4
Fayzd
double recommended dosage or what?
man the first time took benylin... it was like WOW
Reply 5
actually i took about half a bottle once. It was like being drunk, no worse.

Taking another dose isnt going to harm you....
(but please don't sue me on the off chance that it does!)
Reply 6
MIZZ
Fayzd
double recommended dosage or what?
man the first time took benylin... it was like WOW

can't be shure
Reply 7
dylan plant
can't be shure

christ don't they teach you how to spell in the US?
Reply 8
HALF THE BOTTLE? WOAH
i never been drunk... should be a good experience... only time i got pissed and it was on benylin
as i havent taken the other doses for today i might take em all at once now
Reply 9
anyway, make sure its the "chesty coughs", which is a nice pink colour the "coughs and congestion" stuff is bright bright turquiose and tastes weird.
Reply 10
MIZZ
HALF THE BOTTLE? WOAH
i never been drunk... should be a good experience... only time i got pissed and it was on benylin
as i havent taken the other doses for today i might take em all at once now

yeah, be careful. i think double dose should be enough to send you off.... don't go too far...
Reply 11
i got dry cough
taste doesnt bother me
i just want some good deeeeeeeep sleep
elpaw
christ don't they teach you how to spell in the US?

not really....
Reply 13
taken 6 sponns instead of 2
feel the same
MIZZ
feel the same

I feel for you.
Reply 15
MIZZ
feel the same

give it a second to work... lie down in the dark and see whether you accidently fall asleep. Wouldnt recommend taking any more than that, especially if you arent used to it.
Reply 16
fayzd
give it a second to work... lie down in the dark and see whether you accidently fall asleep. Wouldnt recommend taking any more than that, especially if you arent used to it.

Good advice, then again, have you tried a glass of warm milk? Sounds stupid I know, but then again putting plaster on a broken arm may sound stupid to some people too.
fayzd

how do you ynow all this stuff???
Reply 18
dylan plant
how do you ynow all this stuff???

because i have taken lots of benylin in the past, both to stop me coughing and to go to sleep. and once because i wanted to see what would happen if i took half a bottle.
Reply 19
fayzd
beacuse i have taken lots of benylin in the past, both to stop me coughing and to go to sleep. and once because i wanted to see what would happen if i took half a bottle.

Oooook. The answer is simple. Half the bottle would disappear. *nods insistently*

Latest