The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
This tall ginger guy I know worked for Sports Direct... he got nicked for stealing stuff and I saw it! Ha.

On a more serious note, I don't know what to make of it - it sounds kinda bad like they don't really have much of a structure and they just let the senior staff of each store do what they want kinda thing? :confused: It's very poor practice.
Reply 41
I don't know what it's like in other stores but in mine to be fair it is sort of like a playground full of kids.
Reply 42
Well they never got back to me. I know it's Easter and everything but as I bothered to turn up for the interview they could have at least emailed me back saying thanks but you haven't been selected.
TW-04
Well they never got back to me. I know it's Easter and everything but as I bothered to turn up for the interview they could have at least emailed me back saying thanks but you haven't been selected.

Probably for the best.
Reply 44
Maybe but I still need a job. Getting bored of serving piss-heads tbh.
Reply 45
TW-04

Did you not apply online at first? I applied online before I had an interview and the guy told me earlier that your rejection/acceptance would appear on the online app part if you did not get a phone call etc.
Reply 46
Mine just says:

My Job Applications

Casual Staff Application Complete
1234567 Casual Sales Assistant, [area] Submitted (07/04/09)
Reply 47
I'd be patient, they can be a bit slow. It took three weeks before I even got a shift after the date of my employment there.
Creepy Thin Man
I have an interview next week and I'm worried.

I'm not into sports at all and I never work out and I look really weedy, does that matter? What do I wear for the interview? Is a white shirt, black pants and shoes too formal?

I'm quite slim and I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the interview and got the job.

Your interest in sports won't really matter tbh. Although a little white lie for the sake of it may help.
Reply 49
Creepy Thin Man
I have an interview next week and I'm worried.

I'm not into sports at all and I never work out and I look really weedy, does that matter? What do I wear for the interview? Is a white shirt, black pants and shoes too formal?

Don't worry as it's not a proper interview. It's really casual and you'll probably just get asked what hours you can do and then they will tell you when your induction is. Don't wear anything formal, casual is better.

Also I've been working there about four months now and I'm not into sports at all either. They shouldn't ask you anything about sports.
Reply 50
hey guyz, ive jus been invyted in 4 a recruitment day at sports direct,
woz jus wondering if i get da job, wud i b working at da palce da recruitment day iz taking place?
cuz dats over an hour away frm wer i liv :|
fudge101
hey guyz, ive jus been invyted in 4 a recruitment day at sports direct,
woz jus wondering if i get da job, wud i b working at da palce da recruitment day iz taking place?
cuz dats over an hour away frm wer i liv :|

I would assume so, only that would make sense. Phone up to make sure.

If it is an hour away I would not go to it. I think they tend to give you short shifts.

It is also an awful place to work imo you will see my posts about it earlier in the thread.
Reply 52
okayz,
thanx guyz!
:biggrin:
Reply 53
If you're good to them they'll be good to you. If you do the work you will get more hours. You can't expect them to give you loads of hours without knowing if you're good at the job and reliable first so of course they don't give you many hours at the start.

I have worked in two different stores and I have enjoyed working in both.
Reply 54
Re:*** Speculative Application ***

Dear ____

Further to your recent application we would like to invite you to attend our forthcoming Recruitment Open day to be held at:_____________________

Between 10.00am and 6.00pm

Please bring a copy of your CV with you on the day.

We look forward to seeing you then

Regards
SportsDirect.com International

I was given the above email, is this a good sign and what should I do to impress the person who I will be talking too.
Reply 55
It's a step forward, did you register your interest for a job? Just bring a long a good CV, you can have it looked in the CV helper section of this site and dress smart casual. It doesn't sound like an interview it sounds like a day to apply.
Reply 56
It means they would like to invite you to a recruitment open day. This will be an opportunity to apply for a job, ask questions etc.
You've pretty much got the job. I worked there a couple of summers ago and out of the roughly twenty people at my group interview day, 15 or so got a job.

It will destroy your soul, but it's only for one summer, right?
Reply 58
I've worked at sports world for about 8 months now and when I started they had individual interviews and then an induction for everyone afterwards. I'm not sure how these open days work though. I'd imagine they take your cv, have a quick interview and then if they want you to work there they'll call you again for an induction.

The interview consists of them asking what hours you can do and a casual chat. It would be very unlikely you don't get the job but just make sure you work well when they give you you're first set of hours so they give you more.
I hope to get a email like this soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending