The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
In short, no. Some places MIGHT accept the citizencard but from what I've seen they are very reluctant to do so. Just get a provisional. Or just make sure your have your passport at all times?
Reply 3
Use your feminine charm to lull the bouncers at the door into a lustful frenzy, at which point they will have no choice but to let you in.

Uhm, don't really think you have much choice unless someone who looks a little like you wants to give you their ID for the night. I've always taken my passport.. hopefully will get a provisional soon though :X
Reply 4
You could get one of these http://www.validateuk.co.uk/ but you might as well just get a provisional license.
Reply 5
U mean to tell me that you cannot get into a club without a passport or provisional?!
That is so lame in order to get a license you need to send off your passport...
Reply 6
pina.Love
U mean to tell me that you cannot get into a club without a passport or provisional?!

Well if you're lucky you can get in with something else, but if you want to be sure you can get in it's driver's license or passport.
Reply 7
Some places accept cards with the PASS logo (citizenship etc), but not many. Passport or driving license are the only forms of ID that are accepted at all UK pubs/clubs.
Some places won't even accept a provisional.
Louder Than Bombs

********. A provisional is just as good as a real driving license for identification purposes. Just because said person hasn't passed their test yet their perfectly valid form of ID doesn't prove their age?
Louder Than Bombs

Name me one of these places.
Reply 11
Louder Than Bombs

OK..what clubs do you go to?!
Reply 12
Everywhere accepts provisional. What sort of nightout are you having if you cant afford a drivers licence, they are like 20quid and well worth it.
Reply 13
goodmen
Everywhere accepts provisional. What sort of nightout are you having if you cant afford a drivers licence, they are like 20quid and well worth it.

erm...provisional costs like £50 quid?!
Reply 14
Louder Than Bombs

I've heard of that but I've never experienced it myself.
pina.Love

You don't need to. You can do it with a birth certificate and a couple of signature.
Reply 16
sandettielightvessel
You don't need to. You can do it with a birth certificate and a couple of signature.

I prefer to use my passport because I would have to travel to get another birth certificate just in case it got lost or something/
Anything with a hollogram.
Reply 18
ToastyCoke
Anything with a hollogram.

You mean the pass logo?
pina.Love
You mean the pass logo?

Is it hollographic? All genuine forms of ID carry a hollogram.

Latest

Trending

Trending