Reply 1
I read that as Gyms in Prison :yep:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
The Viking
I know that UCLAN has its own gym in Foster and there are plans to extend this but that wont be ready until December 2010 last time i heard.... Basically I need a gym with free weights, anything else is a bonus. Anyone any ideas?

You could try searching for gyms in Preston on Google. Sorry I can't be of any more help lol.
Reply 3
There's Westview and Fulwood. £15 for the year for students and you can go to either.
Reply 4
£15 for a year? wow.
But you gotta pay a gym induction, which is £10, but its stil a really good deal,
theres also a total fitness near the docks, or a local one before aldi (practically on campus)
Reply 6
Does the Westview and Fulwood gyms have free weight sections?
Reply 7
carldalton0
But you gotta pay a gym induction, which is £10, but its stil a really good deal,
theres also a total fitness near the docks, or a local one before aldi (practically on campus)

The one before Aldi looked closed last time I went past, and there was a for sale (or to let) sign outside it. Not sure if it is still open.

The £15 offer at Fulwood is only during the day. If you want to go in peak times its £15 a month (I think - Im not a gym person :p: !)
Reply 8
http://prestonleisure.web-labs.co.uk/home.asp

Sounds quite good. For your £15 (plus £10.00 one off induction fee) you get to use both Fulwood and West View.

Times are limited mid-week but you can use both centres all day over the weekend.
Reply 9
Does anyone know if any of these gyms have pools?
Reply 10
Bunghole
Does anyone know if any of these gyms have pools?

Westview and Fulwood do.
Reply 11
That's awesome, do they have free weights aswell?
Reply 12
Damn... do they have a website or smth, where I can check out prices and offers?
Reply 13
Does anyone know of gyms on campus, or just nearby? Cause West View and Fullwood seems quite far away...
yeh the uni gym! in the sports center at foster building!
Reply 15
Powka
Does anyone know of gyms on campus, or just nearby? Cause West View and Fullwood seems quite far away...

There is a Virgin Active up at Capitol Centre, that's a bit of a trek though. Within walking distance there is a large gym (can't remember the name, but it is a big one) just by the flyover in front the of the Lidl.
Reply 16
Does anyone know the prices for Virgin Active gym in Capitol Centre? Their website doesn't tell anything, and they don't even give a contact email to ask about it. They offer only to book a club visit, but if it's going to be too expensive for me, why would I even bother going there? Some smart thinking their are doing there, huh?.. So, does anyone know how much does it cost?

And how far away is it from campus, is it like a walking distance?

And also, what about Ironman BodyBuilding Centre? Has anyone been to that one?

Cheers guys!