The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

natty_d
I'm about to start mine. :wink:

I'd say that it didnt really for my friends, but you HAVE to be organised about your commitments and try and fit DofE around them. They came back from Wales and they had a really WET trip but they said they all enjoyed it. As long as you enjoy it, then you'll be fine. :yep:

Cool, so have you got a subject yet? :smile: I've got one that I could definitely do; I did it a bit in an English class a few years ago.
becbec :)
So what topic is everybody doing?

I did mine this year (for Summer 2009); I'm at the end of A2. My one was on the question
Should the time taken for clinical trials be shortened so that bacterial antibiotic resistance may be better combated?
Reply 22
I'm doind mine on fractals. I will be exploring their practical applications and try to design my own fractal using some sort of computer program (which I still haven't decided).
Reply 23
rapha
I'm doind mine on fractals. I will be exploring their practical applications and try to design my own fractal using some sort of computer program (which I still haven't decided).

That sounds pretty interesting. Won't it be rather hard to design your own?
Reply 24
Adam92
That sounds pretty interesting. Won't it be rather hard to design your own?

Probably. That's why I might have to talk to my teacher and change the project title. :p:
Reply 25
Okay, hoping to do History and Politics at university. I'm thinking:
The importance of religion in the dark ages (um.. I like history!)
or The worldwide effect of the Israel/Palestine conflict

..and that's honestly all I can think of lately. Nothing is coming to me!
Reply 26
amii_G
Okay, hoping to do History and Politics at university. I'm thinking:
The importance of religion in the dark ages (um.. I like history!)
or The worldwide effect of the Israel/Palestine conflict

..and that's honestly all I can think of lately. Nothing is coming to me!

The Israel/Palestine conflict would be good, you can link both historical and political conflicts, issues etc together.
I'm hoping to take physics at uni, and am stuck on what to do. I wanna do something from Mechanics 5/4, which isn't covered in physics A-level, but am stuck on a hypothesis.
Reply 28
zafaru123
I'm hoping to take physics at uni, and am stuck on what to do. I wanna do something from Mechanics 5/4, which isn't covered in physics A-level, but am stuck on a hypothesis.

What part stands out as the most interesting for you?
elastic collisions in 2dimensions, and further motion of particles in one dimension, because differential equations are included. researching this will be very interesting...but proposing a hypothesis is hard to think of.
Reply 30
JayAyy
The Israel/Palestine conflict would be good, you can link both historical and political conflicts, issues etc together.

Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards to that. I sure won't be short of information. :woo:
Reply 31
amii_G
Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards to that. I sure won't be short of information. :woo:

Yeah I'd go for that one. There's loads to research about it.
I'm doing the extended project this year, want to do something on accounting, i was thinking of doing something on how accounting helps businesses, but does anyone have any good ideas?
Reply 33
Stinkerbell
I'm doing the extended project this year, want to do something on accounting, i was thinking of doing something on how accounting helps businesses, but does anyone have any good ideas?

My advice to you would be to look at a few accounting modules at univerisities you want to go to and pick out the one which interests you the most.
Reply 34
fran-timms
Ok Thank you both very much.
The example on the website was very helpful.
I have decided to structure it as follows:
Intro
How a DNA profile is made- split into mini sections
How it is effective- split into mini sections
Conclusion
Evaluation
References

Sounds good :smile:
Good luck! :biggrin:
I'm doing this too. Hopfully I'm going to do it in Music. I was suppose to be doing on Debussy comparing one of his ochestral piece to an piano piece. But I have absolutely no idea where to start to be honnest.

I don't really know what to do though :/

*subscribes*
Reply 36
Ducklighter
I'm doing this too. Hopfully I'm going to do it in Music. I was suppose to be doing on Debussy comparing one of his ochestral piece to an piano piece. But I have absolutely no idea where to start to be honnest.

I don't really know what to do though :/

*subscribes*

I don't know much about classical music, but the best place to start would be doing research. I suggestion would be set it out like this:

Intro
History of Debussy
Comparision of ochestral and piano pieces
Conclusion
Evaluation

(last 2 can be in any order).

Hope I've helped :smile:
JayAyy
I don't know much about classical music, but the best place to start would be doing research. I suggestion would be set it out like this:

Intro
History of Debussy
Comparision of ochestral and piano pieces
Conclusion
Evaluation

(last 2 can be in any order).

Hope I've helped :smile:

Taaa. I think I knew how to lay it out etc.. but it's just which two pieces. But hopfully I'll ask my clarinet teacher [who's also a secondary school teacher] and she can help me out =] but thankss anyways =]
Reply 38
Ducklighter
Taaa. I think I knew how to lay it out etc.. but it's just which two pieces. But hopfully I'll ask my clarinet teacher [who's also a secondary school teacher] and she can help me out =] but thankss anyways =]

It's ok :smile:
And good luck! :biggrin:
JayAyy
It's ok :smile:
And good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks =]
Are you doing an EPQ as well?

Quick Reply

Latest