The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ducklighter
Thanks =]
Are you doing an EPQ as well?

Yup (well hopefully, my teacher hasn't got back to me about it yet :o: )
JayAyy
Yup (well hopefully, my teacher hasn't got back to me about it yet :o: )

On what?

Ohmygod. I'm really scared of my supervisor though. I made him slightly late for his lesson after break even though I saw him at the start of break time about EPQ Music and he got all funny with me..
Reply 42
Ducklighter
On what?

Ohmygod. I'm really scared of my supervisor though. I made him slightly late for his lesson after break even though I saw him at the start of break time about EPQ Music and he got all funny with me..

Something about the April budget report and how it will effect the UK economy and political system in the future. How fun :biggrin:

How did he get all funny with you? Want me to fight him?
JayAyy
Something about the April budget report and how it will effect the UK economy and political system in the future. How fun :biggrin:

How did he get all funny with you? Want me to fight him?

haa please :o:
He was all like sighing and wishing I wasn't there kind of thing.

That's sounds really difficult :O I tried economics and couldn't stand it.
Reply 44
Ducklighter
haa please :o:
He was all like sighing and wishing I wasn't there kind of thing.

That's sounds really difficult :O I tried economics and couldn't stand it.

Ignore him. What does he know? (well alot, but you know what I mean :p: )

And how can you not stand economics?! It's the BEST subject ever.
JayAyy
Ignore him. What does he know? (well alot, but you know what I mean :p: )

haha The supply and demand I understood. Any further in the subject my brain exploaded.
Reply 46
Ducklighter
haha The supply and demand I understood. Any further in the subject my brain exploaded.

At least you understood the basics :biggrin:
JayAyy
At least you understood the basics :biggrin:

taaa :u: and I did it all by myself... Then I got the geeks of the class who unerstood all and got As all the time to tutor me the rest haha =]
Reply 48
Ducklighter
taaa :u: and I did it all by myself... Then I got the geeks of the class who unerstood all and got As all the time to tutor me the rest haha =]

Great tacticc! That's what people did to me too :redface:
Reply 49
JayAyy

:yes:

Just a bit of info here: apparently there was ~350 entries for the EPQ last year and 50 of them got A*s so that's quite promising.

I'm happy with my EPQ progress. I had the pleasure of meeting the Dr. McCunnie (admissions tutor for the social sciences at Manchester Uni and Phd in economic history) this week and he's gave me some brilliant points and resources for my essay :biggrin:
Reply 50
Adam92
:yes:

Just a bit of info here: apparently there was ~350 entries for the EPQ last year and 50 of them got A*s so that's quite promising.

I'm happy with my EPQ progress. I had the pleasure of meeting the Dr. McCunnie (admissions tutor for the social sciences at Manchester Uni and Phd in economic history) this week and he's gave me some brilliant points and resources for my essay :biggrin:

I might not be doing the extended project in the end, my teacher hasn't emailed me back and was meant to on Tuesday :frown:

What's your EP about?
Reply 51
JayAyy
I might not be doing the extended project in the end, my teacher hasn't emailed me back and was meant to on Tuesday :frown:

What's your EP about?

Aw, unlucky. Mines like a discussion about whether the UK should join the Euro or not.
Reply 52
Adam92
Aw, unlucky. Mines like a discussion about whether the UK should join the Euro or not.

Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning it somewhere. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 53
i dont know what to do mine on , sudan or western sahra??
Reply 54
JayAyy
Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning it somewhere. Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 55
goats
i dont know what to do mine on , sudan or western sahra??

What is it specifically going to be about?
I've been procrastinating SO badly, but somehow I've managed to crank out ~1000 words already. Slightly behind schedule (wanted to do 1000 a week, and it's now been 2 weeks since I started), but I've still got ages so I'm not worried yet.

My teacher sent me an email back a while ago, but after several days I've still had no reply to the most recent one I sent haha... It's sad that he's probably given up hope already lol. Nah, he's probably just a forgetful old sod.

Anyway, let the procrastination continue.
Xerophelistica
I've been procrastinating SO badly, but somehow I've managed to crank out ~1000 words already. Slightly behind schedule (wanted to do 1000 a week, and it's now been 2 weeks since I started), but I've still got ages so I'm not worried yet.

My teacher sent me an email back a while ago, but after several days I've still had no reply to the most recent one I sent haha... It's sad that he's probably given up hope already lol. Nah, he's probably just a forgetful old sod.

You've already started ? :eek: I was gonna start mine mid August to be honnest.
Well I suppose I have started practising for the pratical side thought
What's your gonna be about ?
Reply 58
Xerophelistica

At least your miles ahead of everyone else. I've only just started my research :rolleyes:
Reply 59
Xerophelistica

I haven't even been confirmed if I'm doing the EP yet, and you're way ahead of me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest