The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi

First of all do your research on Red bull, then try to think about strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. To give you a bit of an idea, go too bbc news and see how they doing, what they worry about and soo on.

just to start:

Strengths:
Market leadership- Within the energy drinks market Red Bull is the industry leader throughout the world

Marketing Efforts- a lot of promotions and well targeted campaigns and sponorship e.g. formula 1 helps to expand Red bull brand and increase consumer brand awareness

Weaknesses:
Lack of innovation- there are a lot of competitors in the market and they have their own USP which leaves Red Bull behind.

Reliant on small product base- The company only markets one branded product, Red Bull Energy Drink (along with a sugarfree variety).

Marketing Expense?

Opportunities:

Extention of product line- this will help to retain market share

Expansion?

Threats:

Health concerns- tougher rules from goverment on high caffeine content.

Consumer awareness of health and well being- people may start to drink more water as it is associated with healthie life style
Reply 2
Kluxer
Hi

First of all do your research on Red bull, then try to think about strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. To give you a bit of an idea, go too bbc news and see how they doing, what they worry about and soo on.

just to start:

Strengths:
Market leadership- Within the energy drinks market Red Bull is the industry leader throughout the world

Marketing Efforts- a lot of promotions and well targeted campaigns and sponorship e.g. formula 1 helps to expand Red bull brand and increase consumer brand awareness

Weaknesses:
Lack of innovation- there are a lot of competitors in the market and they have their own USP which leaves Red Bull behind.

Reliant on small product base- The company only markets one branded product, Red Bull Energy Drink (along with a sugarfree variety).

Marketing Expense?

Opportunities:

Extention of product line- this will help to retain market share

Expansion?

Threats:

Health concerns- tougher rules from goverment on high caffeine content.

Consumer awareness of health and well being- people may start to drink more water as it is associated with healthie life style

Strategies in the opportunities section is wrong, it's one of the regular mistakes people make when doing a SWOT analysis...
Reply 3
nicholasb
Strategies in the opportunities section is wrong, it's one of the regular mistakes people make when doing a SWOT analysis...

i dont agree with u. it is not a strategy, it is a note on why it might be an opportunity.

Why dont u write SWOT analysis on Red Bull?
Reply 4
Kluxer
i dont agree with u. it is not a strategy, it is a note on why it might be an opportunity.

Why dont u write SWOT analysis on Red Bull?

"Opportunities" should, in the SWOT model, be understood as external factors posing opporunities for the companies. "Extending product line" is a possible strategic move which should be used in reply to, for example, an opportunity.

An example of an opportunity for Red Bull could be the fact that the recession is forcing their competitors to shut down. As an answer to this, Red Bull might expand their product line to cover larger parts of the market.

I hope I made myself clear.
Reply 5
Before doing a SWOT analysis, you might want to do a PESTLE and Porter's Five Forces, as well as identifying core competencies and key resources.

Latest

Trending

Trending