The Student Room Group

Girls who bring up their boyfriend in every damn conversation

Is it me or do girls who go on about their boyfriends all the time annoy me? Like we could be talking about anything like e.g. the best takeaway in the town centre and then she just magically turns the whole convo into a "my boyfriend does this...and that...."

That's just girls i have known for only 3 months as friends. It's like some girls don't have their own life they just have a boyfriend :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're just making it clear that they are not interested in you as anything more than a friend
Reply 2
The girl genre is going downhill recently
:itsme:
Reply 4
I know i just want to be friends. It's girls i never dream of having that sort of relationship with.

I know some are paranoid of men trying it on with them, but co'mon even if i was flirting it pays to be straight and say that you aren't interested. Not beating around the bush.
Reply 5
My mum sais girls do that because they are evil demons . You're soul is more suceptible to being consumed by a girl when they get you depressed she sais.
Reply 6
I do this accidentally. Certainly never to annoy people.
Haha I've seen this happen.
She's a nutter though.
Reply 8
just_tha_bboy

I know some are paranoid of men trying it on with them, but co'mon even if i was flirting it pays to be straight and say that you aren't interested. Not beating around the bush.

True. But sometimes girls are convinced that a guy can't just be friends and misread friendship as being a covert come on. Rather than just saying 'you do know we're just friends' they come out with the constant references to boyfriends. I think it is meant to be subtle and a kinder way of saying they're not interested even when it isn't necessary (as you are not interested in them that way anyway) or is just plain annoying.
Reply 9
When the girl does that, start singing a song in your head, if she's not done by the end of the song .. Smack her on the head or leave.
Reply 10
It annoys me.
I know a girl like this... damn it's so annoying, somehow her bf always does/has something that is related to the conversation topic. She seems very proud of him; I hear her talking about him to everyone at school :banghead:
Single or in a relationship?
LOL
oh my god. There is a girl at school who does this exactly. I go to an all girls school, so she doesn't do it to 'put people off' or anything because she's straight obviously. She's new into the sixth form and when she's having a conversation all you can hear is "My boyfriend..." "I was with my boyfriend..." "I was at my boyfriend's house..." I mean even in Psychology lessons, she manages to bring him up somehow, every single lesson! It's funny to listen out for, but really annoying too. I have a boyfriend and I think the world of him, but I don't mention him AT ALL unless someone asks about him, because most of my friends are single and that would just be like bragging.
Girls like that aren't worth bothering with, really. Why not be honest and just say "I have a boyfriend, so".
Monogamy and closed relationships can be a bitch sometimes, though. They are exclusionary and not particularly fair when you desire someone but you know they're "taken". :sadnod:
One of my friends is like that, I've gone beyond caring now! :p: It drives me insane, I don't think people are always aware of how much they talk about their partners though.
It's the complete opposite to me, 'cause I hardly spoke about my ex boyfriend, and I was much younger at the time!
Oh well, I guess everyones different.
my girlfriend would not be happy with this thread.
just_tha_bboy
Is it me or do girls who go on about their boyfriends all the time annoy me? Like we could be talking about anything like e.g. the best takeaway in the town centre and then she just magically turns the whole convo into a "my boyfriend does this...and that...."

That's just girls i have known for only 3 months as friends. It's like some girls don't have their own life they just have a boyfriend

I don't know, do they annoy you? :awesome:

I think it's just their sign for you not to make a move on them. They come across as being devoted to their boyfriend, therefore any normal guy should cotton onto the fact she's taken as a girlfriend.
The girls who go on about their boyfriends all the time who are armed with Facebook are worse! They'll post a Facebook status all the time about what they are doing about their boyfriend and how much they love him. They'll even go as far as uploading images of them kissing/posing/etc and having it as a profile pic!

Thank god you are able to hide news feeds!
True, that's ridiculously annoying. A friend of mine got her first boyfriend a few months ago, and I swear that we can't get through a single conversation without her mentioning him a million times.
And she never calls him by his name, either. It's always "my boyfriend and I did this", or "my boyfriend thinks that...".

My best guess is that she can't get over having a boyfriend and feels the need to bring him into every conversation. He's heading off to university in September, and I can't count the amount of times I've heard the speech about how much she'll miss him. Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic - but hearing about it non-stop for months is enough to drive any one mad!

I dread to imagine the state she'll be in when he actually leaves. But I can hazard a guess as to who will be providing the shoulder to cry on...

Latest