University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Me :biggrin: cant wait
Reply 3
I did, HND in Geology :smile:
Anyone in the Sir peter hilton halls?
Reply 4
what's the area like?...i saw a video and some pictures...looks really country-side like and really small towns....
i mean it's just i'm used to the hustle and bustle of london...
Reply 5
SparxXx
what's the area like?...i saw a video and some pictures...looks really country-side like and really small towns....
i mean it's just i'm used to the hustle and bustle of london...

Interms of london yea its small, abit smaller than Sheffield.

Good thing is everything is walkable.

Interms of nightlife it is abit quite, from what I saw when I went in the day time. Loads of stuff to do, if you get bored just go to the main square where there is a huge outdoor TV that shows the footy results on saturday :smile:
Reply 6
Philster07
if you get bored just go to the main square where there is a huge outdoor TV that shows the footy results on saturday :smile:

haha that sounds good!
Hey SparxXx,

Yes Derby is a lottt smaller than London obviously but its a really nice city to live in. The videos you've probably seen are more than likely of the surrounding Derbyshire towns and countryside. The actual city itself isn't very green at all and just feels like any other city once you're in town.

There is a massive shopping centre in town, Westfield its called, so the same as the one thats in London, except on a smaller scale! So in that sense you will feel right at home.

And as someone said above, the nightlife in Derby is great. I wouldn't say it was quiet at all, nights out, especially student nights are awesome and you will have a great time Im sure!

Hope that helps ease any worries you had!

Rebecca :smile:
Reply 8
rebeccaglass
Hey SparxXx,

Yes Derby is a lottt smaller than London obviously but its a really nice city to live in. The videos you've probably seen are more than likely of the surrounding Derbyshire towns and countryside. The actual city itself isn't very green at all and just feels like any other city once you're in town.

There is a massive shopping centre in town, Westfield its called, so the same as the one thats in London, except on a smaller scale! So in that sense you will feel right at home.

And as someone said above, the nightlife in Derby is great. I wouldn't say it was quiet at all, nights out, especially student nights are awesome and you will have a great time Im sure!

Hope that helps ease any worries you had!

hey thanks for your reply.
by the way, i was just wondering, should i get a printer in my room or not? I mean does the library provide free printing/photocopying/scanning? or...do they give credits? x
Hi,

No worries! You can bring your own printer thats no problem at all. You can print things at the library but you do have to pay for credits. I think 20p can get you about 5 sheets or something like that, that applies for photocopying too. Check when you get there incase its gone up a little but its pretty cheap.

Me! :biggrin: whats everyone going to do?

Latest