The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Read 'Hard Times' for my European mythologies unit last year and analyzed it for my final test. An entertaining book, not entirely mindblowing, but entertaining nonetheless.

As for Fatty, the guy's gangsta. He's by far the greatest Enid Blyton human character ever.
Reply 241
eswiftfire
Read 'Hard Times' for my European mythologies unit last year and analyzed it for my final test. An entertaining book, not entirely mindblowing, but entertaining nonetheless.

As for Fatty, the guy's gangsta. He's by far the greatest Enid Blyton human character ever.

i dislike Pip - heavens,was that his name? :eek: and Beth...Betty...Beths...something like that :rolleyes:
Reply 242
yo-less
i dislike Pip - heavens,was that his name? :eek: and Beth...Betty...Beths...something like that :rolleyes:

Bets :p:
Reply 243
~Jen~
Bets :tongue:

thats the one! :biggrin:
How about Great Expectations then??
Reply 245
Jayjayjay
How about Great Expectations then??

i liked it :biggrin: i have a friend who's obsessed with it :eek: she bursts out randomly with quotations
so i just bop her and lock her in the cabin in the woods...

oh dear...this is a public forum isnt it? :frown: :rolleyes:
In a cottage in a woods a something, something I don't quite recall... I read it once a while back ago. I almost became obsessive with The Moonstone - one of my favourite books but it is under lock and key, so I can't have it hahaha
Could I join, please?
Reply 248
Jayjayjay
In a cottage in a woods a something, something I don't quite recall... I read it once a while back ago. I almost became obsessive with The Moonstone - one of my favourite books but it is under lock and key, so I can't have it hahaha

i'm currently reading The Silence Of the Lambs :eek: gruesome
Reply 249
October Project
Could I join, please?

Surely can. We're trying to make it an official society ATM.
Reply 250
staylor
Surely can. We're trying to make it an official society ATM.

Woo! :biggrin:
yo-less

Hah, I can't remember the rest of them. Read them when I was 8-9. That's pretty much 12 years ago.

After that, I shifted to reading RL Stine and Chrisopher Pike... I was such a fool.
Sorry to say I really did not like the Goosebumps series, I found them somewhat predictable. But I suppose when you are younger you may go for that kind of thing.
Probably because the goosebumps target age is about 6.
Reply 254
Oooo, can I join?

Anyone read American Psycho?? FANTASTIC BOOK, very explicit and gruesome, but excellent!
Reply 255
October Project
Could I join, please?

Catty and you are now on the member list :smile:
Reply 256
eswiftfire
Hah, I can't remember the rest of them. Read them when I was 8-9. That's pretty much 12 years ago.

After that, I shifted to reading RL Stine and Chrisopher Pike... I was such a fool.

so did i.rubbish,now when i look back :eek:
yo-less
Catty and you are now on the member list :smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 258
Goosebumps = pathetic

High fantasy = good
staylor
Goosebumps = pathetic

High fantasy = good

High fantasy's pretty repetitive and generic (... Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, anyone?) nowadays. I tend to get picky when picking a fantasy book to read.

Quick Reply

Latest