London

Scroll to see replies

how do i create the email?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Register on http://selfreg.lse.ac.uk

I can't get it to work though. When I put my details in, it just says the details I've put don't match theirs. And since you only get 5 attempts (after which you have to go to their IT help desk - they refuse to help online), I'm gonna leave it until we get the offer pack.
Same here..I don't want to risk it. Until someone else verifies that you can register, I'm not trying again!
Reply 4
Swayum
Register on http://selfreg.lse.ac.uk

I can't get it to work though. When I put my details in, it just says the details I've put don't match theirs. And since you only get 5 attempts (after which you have to go to their IT help desk - they refuse to help online), I'm gonna leave it until we get the offer pack.

Starting from mid of sept. Not working for prospective student now.
Reply 5
theorangecab
Same here..I don't want to risk it. Until someone else verifies that you can register, I'm not trying again!

Yes, you can create it. I just made it last night. First attempt. I'm not sure what's the big fuss with registering the email, perhaps it's because it was a very simple procedure for me when I made it: just key in whatever information you have with LSE, name, birthday, ID number. Took me 30 seconds.
Reply 6
It is not allowing me to create an e-mail address; it just says that my details don't match those on their database. Probably because they say register in mid-september?
Reply 7
Frontier
It is not allowing me to create an e-mail address; it just says that my details don't match those on their database. Probably because they say register in mid-september?

It probably means you haven't enter the detail the way you did when you registered? It seems to me that's the case since I'm a new student and I got my email registered last night in a snap. And the new mail is working. I just need to figure out how can I set it up in Thunderbird...
abcboy
I just need to figure out how can I set it up in Thunderbird...

LSE don't have instructions for Thunderbird but if you read through the settings instructions for a similar program like Outlook Express you should be able to figure it out.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/itservices/remote/email/

You want the IMAP settings.
Reply 9
BanksideCommittee
LSE don't have instructions for Thunderbird but if you read through the settings instructions for a similar program like Outlook Express you should be able to figure it out.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/itservices/remote/email/

You want the IMAP settings.

Thanks. I can get my inbox to work but I can't set up my outbox. The SMTP server from LSE doesn't respond.
abcboy
Yes, you can create it. I just made it last night. First attempt. I'm not sure what's the big fuss with registering the email, perhaps it's because it was a very simple procedure for me when I made it: just key in whatever information you have with LSE, name, birthday, ID number. Took me 30 seconds.

You only get 5 attempts to activate your account, that's what the 'fuss' is about.

Are you a undergraduate or graduate student?
Reply 11
If you only have 5 attempts at it, and don't feel like "risking" it (I failed to see what's the worst that can happen on the down side, maybe a chat with IT later?), then don't try it... Perhaps I should state it more explicitly: please don't "fuss" the thread w/ primarily meaningless messages and divert the whole point of the thread? I'm trying to ask for help on how to use the mail on an email client, not trying to convince why you should use your 5 attempts.

For the record, I'm a graduate student, not an undergraduate. Perhaps that could give you the piece of mind which relieves you from the obligation of using one of your 5 precious attempts. :s-smilie:
abcboy
Thanks. I can get my inbox to work but I can't set up my outbox. The SMTP server from LSE doesn't respond.

That could be your ISP's fault. LSE uses port 25 for the SMTP which a lot of ISPs block (my own does it). It's quite annoying - I've yet to find a way around it other than sending emails from the webmail when on an ISP that blocks it.
Reply 13
abcboy
If you only have 5 attempts at it, and don't feel like "risking" it (I failed to see what's the worst that can happen on the down side, maybe a chat with IT later?), then don't try it... Perhaps I should state it more explicitly: please don't "fuss" the thread w/ primarily meaningless messages and divert the whole point of the thread? I'm trying to ask for help on how to use the mail on an email client, not trying to convince why you should use your 5 attempts.

For the record, I'm a graduate student, not an undergraduate. Perhaps that could give you the piece of mind which relieves you from the obligation of using one of your 5 precious attempts. :s-smilie:

Calm down. This is a forum. I fail to see how people asking why their email address set up isn't working harms you in any way, or diverts any attention away from your ostensibly life-threatening problem. :rolleyes:

Edit: by the way, the undergrads who have posted in this thread have had no luck activating their email address, which suggests that the facility is only open to graduates for the time being.
Reply 14
So what if I'm using a mac? any difference?
Reply 15
tried 3 times... didn't work for me. I'll just wait till mid september before I try again.

I don't see what the fuss is about the 5 attempts... I really don't think after 5 attempts that LSE will not let you have an IT account with them anymore...
Reply 16
edward27
tried 3 times... didn't work for me. I'll just wait till mid september before I try again.

I don't see what the fuss is about the 5 attempts... I really don't think after 5 attempts that LSE will not let you have an IT account with them anymore...

The fuss is that you'd have to waste time going to their IT help desk in person when it's actually just easily done online if you wait.
I managed to register with ease, but my log in details don't seem to be working...Did any of you guys get sent a confirmation email by any chance?
Reply 18
It's not allowing me to access my emails - is it working for anyone else?
Reply 19
Frontier
It's not allowing me to access my emails - is it working for anyone else?

i can access my emails definitely. just go to https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/ and enter your username plus your password.

Latest