The Student Room Group

Student Support Number (SSN)

Hi, i'm just registering with my uni (Bham) and they are asking for a student support number, is this the same as my alias ID?
Reply 1
Nevermind, i found it on another form!
Reply 2
Serbinator
Nevermind, i found it on another form!

Which form?

I'm struggling with the same thing :s-smilie:
Big_C.
Which form?

I'm struggling with the same thing :s-smilie:

How annoying! I came to this page via Google, wondering where to find this number. People should ALWAYS state their solution to problems on forums once they find them.

Anyway, it's at the top of letters from the Student Loans Company. If you have any letters that tell you how much you'll get, it'll be below your customer reference number.

Mine starts with SFDU.

If you really can't be bothered to find a letter, log in to your student finance account online and view a letter they've sent you on there in "view correspondence" and it should be there.
Reply 4
Lamasamaka
How annoying! I came to this page via Google, wondering where to find this number. People should ALWAYS state their solution to problems on forums once they find them.

Anyway, it's at the top of letters from the Student Loans Company. If you have any letters that tell you how much you'll get, it'll be below your customer reference number.

Mine starts with SFDU.

If you really can't be bothered to find a letter, log in to your student finance account online and view a letter they've sent you on there in "view correspondence" and it should be there.

My status on there atm is assesed but I havent recieved anything with that number on :hellloo:
Big_C.
My status on there atm is assesed but I havent recieved anything with that number on :hellloo:

Oh dear, I've just looked on the student finance and they've taken off the useful "view correspondence" feature.

I suppose if you don't have a letter with it on, that wouldn't help anyway.

I looked around my account (which is all processed) and it isn't there at all.

You need to either wait for the full entitlement letter to arrive or call them to obtain the number.

I recommend you call them A.S.A.P. if you need to give it to your university
Reply 6
Lamasamaka
Oh dear, I've just looked on the student finance and they've taken off the useful "view correspondence" feature.

I suppose if you don't have a letter with it on, that wouldn't help anyway.

I looked around my account (which is all processed) and it isn't there at all.

You need to either wait for the full entitlement letter to arrive or call them to obtain the number.

I recommend you call them A.S.A.P. if you need to give it to your university

I tried to get through mate!

Completely no chance of getting through on the phones atm :frown:

Called birmingham and they said its ok as long as i give it them before oct 8th

Cya next week!
Big_C.
I tried to get through mate!

Completely no chance of getting through on the phones atm :frown:

Called birmingham and they said its ok as long as i give it them before oct 8th

Cya next week!

Ah that's fine, you'll have time to get it before then. Bham are being quite understanding about this stuff, I hear, so I'm sure they'll help you out with this stuff.

Two days to go! See you :smile:
This was really inconvenient to find. I was on the verge of stopping my registration and waiting for the SFE call center to open the in the morning, but I spotted it before I logged out.

Mine was on the very back page of my collection of letters confirming my amounts to be paid, just under the barcode. The page is titled "University or College Payment Advice".

Good Luck :smile:
What is my ssn number
Is the Student Support Number (SSN) only relevant for Undergraduate degrees? I'm registering for a Postgraduate degree at the Uni of Birmingham, but i can't find any documents from student finance England that quote an SSN for my current loan. Checked previous loan documents from my Undergraduate degree and they gave me an SSN.

Quick Reply

Latest