The Student Room Group

Student finance number free?

Is the Student finance number free?. If not how much does it cost per minute?.
Reply 1
It is an 0845 number so i think it's free if you're on BT. It won't be like a £1 per minute thing though, i hope.
local call rate
Beware though, it is usually not included in any minutes you have on a mobile phone deal.

http://www.saynoto0870.com is your friend, though I think people have been scalped for posting the actual number on here.
Reply 4
The number on saynoto0870.com is for continuing students, which is why I've not been happy about it. They are not really in a good position at present to advise on SFE issues.

There was also an instant where someone gave the direct line to SFE that was actually designed for LEA's only to contact them for queries.
Reply 5
Well maybe SFE should use an 03 number then.
Reply 6
i found a number on saynoto0870 which then gave me the option to say whether i had or hadn't applied for finance before.
Reply 7
No I think The number is 4097
snu
Well maybe SFE should use an 03 number then.

This is very true. I can't see how they can claim 0845 benefits most students - as far as I'm aware very few landline companies distinguish between local, regional and national calls anyway, and certainly most mobile phone networks charge a small fortune. If they were really doing it in the best interests of their victims / customers, they'd publish both the 0845 and the 01 number.
Reply 9
Do they have an email by any chance?!
Reply 10
so is the number free or not from a mobile (as in use my mins up instead of charging extra)? :s-smilie:
~bubbles~
so is the number free or not from a mobile (as in use my mins up instead of charging extra)? :s-smilie:

You'll have to ask your mobile phone provider if 0845 numbers are included in the free minutes of your contract
Reply 12
ASCIIcipher
You'll have to ask your mobile phone provider if 0845 numbers are included in the free minutes of your contract

oh ok i'll do that, thanks
I use this number for student finance (it works): 0141 2433600
free landlines
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
SFE complaints line is free as far as I know.

I remember the other one charged and had one of those automated calling things which you have to bash *#*#*#*#*#*#**##*#* to get put through to a person.

Quick Reply