The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

high cheek bones and blond hair is nordic and was introduced with the vikings or so i believe.

if you're black it probably means that someone in your ancestry could possibly have been african:wink:
Reply 2
Alan_Johnson
high cheek bones and blond hair is nordic and was introduced with the vikings or so i believe.

if you're black it probably means that someone in your ancestry could possibly have been african:wink:

and if your brown you asian?! :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Alan_Johnson

Project Zeus.
man_utd_99
and if your brown you asian?! :rolleyes:

i see what you did there. although you could be mayan?
NJA
I have been told that slender feet and long fingers are evidence of royalty in Anglo-Saxons. Obviously "red" (i.e. ginger) hair and fair skin is common in Scots.

A flat forehead is said to be German, what about a rounded forehead and face on side-view?

Have any studies been done on these things?

My features are kind of similar to yours, I'd say anglo saxon influence mainly.

I'd say where ever this person(shawn from eastenders) in this pics roots come from, I'm similar. Hair is pretty much the same colour and genrerally the same kind of build and that. I don't look like him particularly facially though, just not that dis-similar.

Reply 6
I'm ginger, have long fingers, slender feet and a flat forehead, what does that say about me?
PC_15
I'm ginger, have long fingers, slender feet and a flat forehead, what does that say about me?

Your parents are cousins.
Reply 8
Hugh-Jackman

I'd say where ever this person(shawn from eastenders) in this pics roots come from, I'm similar. Hair is pretty much the same colour and genrerally the same kind of build and that. I don't look like him particularly facially though, just not that dis-similar.

Well, his surname is Kazinsky so I'd say there was definitely some eastern European in there somewhere!
Reply 9
NJA
I have been told that slender feet and long fingers are evidence of royalty in Anglo-Saxons. Obviously "red" (i.e. ginger) hair and fair skin is common in Scots.

A flat forehead is said to be German, what about a rounded forehead and face on side-view?

Have any studies been done on these things?
I don't know about studies, I'm afraid.

What about people who are very thin, rather broad, with dark brown hair, green eyes, and an underbite that makes their chin look huge when they aren't wearing their glasses?

:p:
The fact I'm fat means I like food.
The fact I wear glasses means I can't see very well.

That's about all you can get from my physical appearance.
Reply 11
Norfolkadam
The fact I'm fat means I like food.
The fact I wear glasses means I can't see very well.

That's about all you can get from my physical appearance.

We'll be the judge of that, please post a photo, include hands & feet.
(you can leave out the middle bit)
Tootles
I don't know about studies, I'm afraid.

What about people who are very thin, rather broad, with dark brown hair, green eyes, and an underbite that makes their chin look huge when they aren't wearing their glasses?

:p:

I'd say Irish and from your description, I then thought Jimmy Hill and Bruce Forsythe. I then sang the song 'Michael Finnigan' in my head.
NJA
We'll be the judge of that, please post a photo, include hands & feet.
(you can leave out the middle bit)

No. I'm not going to post a picture of my hands and feet. My feet are very large (size 15/16) and I have stubby fingers and no toenails since I had them removed.
Ooooooh, loads. I'm also a big fan of phrenology.

And reading tea leaves.

Anyway what you are looking for is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropometry
Hugh-Jackman

Mmmm. I hated him on the telly but he is a bit :coma: in that picture isn't he. Rawr.
Reply 16
Hugh-Jackman
I'd say Irish and from your description, I then thought Jimmy Hill and Bruce Forsythe. I then sang the song 'Michael Finnigan' in my head.
Heh heh, I'm actually half-Irish, and have a little Scottish in me. :smile: I wouldn't mind having a bit of Anglo-Saxon, but the line I get my name from came over with the Normans in 1066 so that just might not be possible. My great-grandad was half-and-half Scottish/Irish, and looked a lot like Humphrey Bogart. One of my other great-grandads (the one I get the Tuson name from) was, I believe, Jewish.

Strange mixtures.
littleshambles
Mmmm. I hated him on the telly but he is a bit :coma: in that picture isn't he. Rawr.

:coma: :coma: :coma: indeed! Isn't he of Polish decent? Anyway I'm not too sure physical traits can really tell much about your origins etc. I have an assortment of traits but don't fit into those racial categories listed. Interesting idea though :cool:
One half of my family has Jewish origins but I don't have a big nose or curly hair. :frown:

I don't think physical appearances can tell you a lot about people's origins these days, especially not in our country because we're all so mixed.
Reply 19
Oh, I am such a mongrel! I most definitely have Viking blood because there is family from Yorkshire but who were from Northumbria originally and my mums maiden name was Skeldon which has Scandinavian roots. On my dads maternal side there is Irish blood and a lot of us have very dark hair, I have a more auburny, red tint to my brown hair and my sister is blonde. The dark must come from Saxons or Romans and we do have some Welsh ancestry as well - a lot of Welsh people are really dark, the red definitely comes from the Irish side of things and I presume the fact that my sister is blond and tans incredibly well puts pay to the fact that there is some Scandinavian/Viking blood. Phew.

Latest

Trending

Trending