The Student Room Group

TSR Veggie Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Join me up :smile:. Lacto-ovo-vegetarian, have been for about 10 years (except for eating gelatine because sweets are nice. And one time about 9 and something years ago I decided that I should be eating meat and that I used to love ribs so I tried them...and hated them.)
Reply 121
Im not a vegetarion but i like some veggies, does that count? I hope so...
can i be a honourary veggie plz? i eat meat because i believe we should but i loooooooooooooooooove fruit and veg and am v.v.v.v.v. pro animal rights so only eat free range stuff
im a part veggie... i havent taken the full step yet..!
i eat chicken and fish aside that no meat.... will soon be taking the step and becoming a full veggie!! :smile:
was wondering could i borrow some veggies??

and if possible out of the honoury veggies do any of you at some point wanted to be veggie but didn't... i dont need reasons or anything...

but if people arn't really nice and help me out (not now.. while to go yet) i have to run around my college bugging people tif they are vegeies or not
Reply 125
Brown Eyed Girl

and if possible out of the honoury veggies do any of you at some point wanted to be veggie but didn't... i dont need reasons or anything...

but if people arn't really nice and help me out (not now.. while to go yet) i have to run around my college bugging people tif they are vegeies or not

i'll help you :smile:
Reply 126
Jayjayjay
Cheesecake *droool* :eek:

Actually, you can make eggless cheesecakes.

I made a lime cheesecake this weekend infact.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serves: 8 Time: 30 mins

Ingredients:
2 x 250g tubs mascarpone cheese
200g pack ginger biscuits, crushed (or digestives will do)
40g icing sugar, sifted
50g butter, melted
finely grated zest of juice of 2 limes

Steps:
Mix together the crushed biscuits and the butter and press it into the base of a 18cm/7" springform cake tin.

Beat together the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and lime zest and juice, and spread over the biscuit base. Chill for 30 minutes.

Decorate the top with chocolate leaves, chocolate curls or shredded lime zest.

To make chocolate leaves : melt 50g of plain chocolate and then drag the underside of washed rose leaves across the chocolate and leave to set in the fridge - then peel away from the leaves.

Let me know what you think of the recipe!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply 127
Brown Eyed Girl

Sure I don't mind helping you either :smile:
Falguni
Actually, you can make eggless cheesecakes.

I made a lime cheesecake this weekend infact.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serves: 8 Time: 30 mins

Ingredients:
2 x 250g tubs mascarpone cheese
200g pack ginger biscuits, crushed (or digestives will do)
40g icing sugar, sifted
50g butter, melted
finely grated zest of juice of 2 limes

Steps:
Mix together the crushed biscuits and the butter and press it into the base of a 18cm/7" springform cake tin.

Beat together the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and lime zest and juice, and spread over the biscuit base. Chill for 30 minutes.

Decorate the top with chocolate leaves, chocolate curls or shredded lime zest.

To make chocolate leaves : melt 50g of plain chocolate and then drag the underside of washed rose leaves across the chocolate and leave to set in the fridge - then peel away from the leaves.

Let me know what you think of the recipe!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm lazy. Send me a slice?
Reply 129
Can i be an honorary non-veggie member? My fav fruit is called an apple, and my fave vaggie tis a tomato! anyone share same favorites?
Reply 130
~MOi~
Can i be an honorary non-veggie member? My fav fruit is called an apple, and my fave vaggie tis a tomato! anyone share same favorites?

Fruit: Banana
Vegetable: Leeks or Mushrooms

:smile:
Reply 131
I dont like mushrooms, they taste kinda funny. I like bananas too! and magoes, and watermelon, well pretty mush ALL the fruits.
Someone on TSR had a go at me for calling mushrooms vegetables, they are a type of fungus! Nothing counts as a vegetable these days, eg potatoes are actually tubars. Hell even tomatoes and cucumbers are actually fruit...
Reply 133
lol, true. very true.
'What's your favorite vegetable?'
'Tomato, and you?'
'TOMATO? That's not a vegetable, it's a fruit!!'
'Oh, then... mushrooms!'
'Nope, mushrooms are a fungus.'
'Uh..cucumbers?'
'Fruit.'
'Potatoes?'
'Tubars.'
'Whaters?
'T-U-B-A-R-S'
'Oh.'.....

How odd
thankyou anyone who said so

my coursework for psychology is on cognitive dissonence and i have vegetarianism to do :biggrin:
lmao

and i would have to run around the college like a nut asking people
Reply 135
Oh I didn't know this was on here! Add me please, been a veggie now for 16 years!!
Reply 136
Mushrooms rock! I use them in anything and everything. I LOVE all fruit, an apple a day...lol
Reply 137
Brown Eyed Girl
thankyou anyone who said so

my coursework for psychology is on cognitive dissonence and i have vegetarianism to do :biggrin:
lmao

and i would have to run around the college like a nut asking people

cool! so what do u want us to do? answer questions?
sneezyme
cool! so what do u want us to do? answer questions?

yeah i gotta get everything sorted 1st basicaly its like why did you become it
and i gotta make it fit with cognitive dissonence theory :biggrin:

it will just be like a lil quesy :biggrin:
Reply 139
sneezyme
Mushrooms rock! I use them in anything and everything. I LOVE all fruit, an apple a day...lol

...keeps the dentist away! haha

Quick Reply

Latest