The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

On the advice of SimonM I have started this thread.

Anyway, can somebody make this a sticky?

So, anyone excited about studying maths at uni?

Cambridge
Xei
sonofdot
billy
SimonM
around
Oxford
The Muon
DeanK22
Warwick
Totally Tom
Hathlan
Bristol
v-zero
majikthise
Durham
Assmaster
Edenr
Manchester
Simplicity
Ste0375
York
yellowjacket
Danielllll
Nottingham
david7b
nugiboy
Keele
jamesafc

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can I advise we all keep the spam to a minimum. It would suck to have this moved to chat, where I'd stop using it. I think if we keep it similar to the Cambridge Chat thread, it'll be fine to have it stay in this forum
Reply 2
SimonM
Can I advise we all keep the spam to a minimum. It would suck to have this moved to chat, where I'd stop using it. I think if we keep it similar to the Cambridge Chat thread, it'll be fine to have it stay in this forum

I could change the title, but lol I can just imagine DFranklyn moving this to chat section.

The only other thing I come up with is this, Maths Uni Thread.
Reply 3
:hello: *subscribes*

I'm really looking forward to starting. After doing practically no maths all summer, I started again a couple of weeks ago and am really getting back into the swing of it - not long to go now!

Simplicity, how about a list in the first post of where people are/what year they're in?
Reply 4
I hope I get accepted.
I'm sort of looking forward to it. I still have practically a month though before I start.
Have you guys been given an official reading list or course books you will need from the start?
Reply 6
Is this thread for 2009 entry only?
I think I will start serious work tommorow - before now I have just done a bit of analysis and algebra (GT,R).

I cannot wait to get going and learn some stuff :yeah:

Simplicitly: incorparting the list why not change the OP so it is more infomrative - it is hard to tell what this thread is about.
Reply 8
I start next week at Nottingham for my first year and I am very excited to see what it entails!
Reply 9
DeanK22
I think I will start serious work tommorow - before now I have just done a bit of analysis and algebra (GT,R).

I cannot wait to get going and learn some stuff

Simplicitly: incorparting the list why not change the OP so it is more infomrative - it is hard to tell what this thread is about.

I was hoping someone would come up with a thread like this two weeks ago.

Can somebody do that? as I would make a list of where everyone is but in two days I won't have easy access to the internet. So its sort of pointless.

I was thinking this will replace the 2009 mathematics application thread for a more general maths at uni thread.

yellowjacket
I'm sort of looking forward to it. I still have practically a month though before I start.
Have you guys been given an official reading list or course books you will need from the start?

The uni has sent me two books they say I must get. I got them. Pretty good. What? I start in like five days.

Can somebody start saying what uni they go to? I'm on it.
Reply 10
Woooo - maths chat - my two fave activities combine into one :coma: Don't leave me out the op simp :cry:
looool
Reply 12
Going to nottingham next week! Has anyone been recaping their A level work though? I feel like i've forgotten everything :/
Try Oxford considering I have no posts in the Warwick sub forum but about 1000 in Oxfords.
*subscribes*

Uni is in sig.
Reply 15
* subscribes * wooooo Maths at York yeahhhh. Forgotten everything I've ever learned though :rolleyes:
Reply 16
I think this is a good idea and I see no reason to restrict it to just freshers. However, prospective applicants should stay out! We can moan about our courses in here :biggrin:
Danielllll
* subscribes * wooooo Maths at York yeahhhh. Forgotten everything I've ever learned though :rolleyes:

York for me too. Don't move in until the 11th of October and that is only Freshers week too.
Reply 18
yellowjacket
York for me too. Don't move in until the 11th of October and that is only Freshers week too.

I know yeahhh it's ages away. but freshers' should be good. Are you doing the three year or four year one??
Reply 19
Swayum
I think this is a good idea and I see no reason to restrict it to just freshers. However, prospective applicants should stay out! We can moan about our courses in here :biggrin:

Doesn't look very restricted to freshers as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest