The Student Room Group

Did anyone else do the OCR level 2 national award in ICT?

If you did how have you entered it on your ucas form, there seems to be no heading which it fits under.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:s-smilie:

Can't remember...is this key skills we're talking about (dunno if that's what it's know as universally)?
no not key skills we did it instead of GCSE and it was worth two GCSE's and was graded distinction, merit, passs
bump
Reply 4
I think I did it. Is one half for 'business' and the other for 'video' or something? If so that was a horrible course!

My certificate says it's vocational so I would put it in the 'vocational GCSEs' and type in 'National First Award in ICT'.
Ejit
I think I did it. Is one half for 'business' and the other for 'video' or something? If so that was a horrible course!

My certificate says it's vocational so I would put it in the 'vocational GCSEs' and type in 'National First Award in ICT'.

No there were 3 units and there was a variety of options to choose from.
Reply 6
Did you figure this out? Ive got the same problem :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I sat the National Award for Business (2 GCSEs) and the UCAS lady told me to put it under 'other qualifications', if that helps.
Reply 8
omg ive got the same problem theres no option on ucas for this qualification !!!!!!
i got a distinction for
databases:design and use
creating sound using ICT
ICT Skills for businesses
creating a video
this so frustrating
found the OCR list as if by accident!

in the 'other qualifications not listed' section, look under 'O' again for other, and a list of OCR awards are there, including "OCR National Award" , and the one I was looking for too. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Could anyone explain what is the difference between OCR nationals Diploma grade "P3" & "P2"?? All I know is P2 is worth more UCAS points...
Original post by usainlightning
If you did how have you entered it on your ucas form, there seems to be no heading which it fits under.

What does 3x Distinction equate to in terms of GCSE?
I just put it under other, it didn't cause me any problems when I applied to unis, my friend did say there was something for it but I never found it, as long as it's there and you enter the full name of the qualification as well as your mark correctly then it shouldn't cause any problems. If you're concerned you could always ask a person at your school/college that deals with the UCAS apps to double check :smile:
Reply 13
I did the same! Just choose 'OCR National Award' on UCAS and then you can choose which level and obviously ICT as your subject that should be fine :rolleyes:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l

A*AA
Original post by usainlightning

you have to go to other qualification and click OCR nationals and then you enter the level and what grade you got. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l

Original post by Dalek1099
A*AA

Wrong - thats a Distinction overall for the award which is equivalent to A*A at GCSE.
Reply 17
I think it does actually count towards your UCAS points tariff. http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables/OCR-Nationals If you look, it doesn't say anywhere that a certificate can't be used! But look on the related documents to see if your subject is included. I personally got a distinction in Sport, which is worth a lovely 120 points!
If you are having issues putting in an OCR National First Award into UCAS qualifications, add a new qualification and instead of the list provided look above it and type it in the box, ie I typed OCR National First Award and it came up, once selected it came up with I think it was 4 courses... I did ICT, then you select the level.
Reply 19
Yes, I am trying to complete it now, it seems endlessly difficult - there are three topics - two to do a short course? I am doing unit 1 now and I have done units 23 & 4. Boring as hell - what school do you go to - I would like to compare marking because I did 12 pages on one review and I only got a pass. 67 slides of my powerpoint and merit... Awful course!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending