The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ye well i will won't i let's not play games here tbh
Reply 21
I'm a bit clueless when it comes to laundry. Are we expected to get our own washing powder? Or is it washing liquid?
Reply 22
i heard we're meanty to take a suit or buy one etc, what about an iron? i read on here it's not needed, but i guess unlike others i iron my shirts. anyone know?
Reply 23
kps88
I'm a bit clueless when it comes to laundry. Are we expected to get our own washing powder? Or is it washing liquid?

There are washing powders/liquids/gels used for laundry.

There was a thread recently on how to do laundry, which you might find useful - here it is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1024042

HTH :smile:
I didnt' get into university, however, many of my friends did.
Just wondering, is there security at freshers do's, that make sure you're a student.
I woudl love to take advantage of the cheap drinks.
Anybody know if i'ld get in?

xq
Reply 25
superluke2k8
Just wondering, is there security at freshers do's, that make sure you're a student.

xq

As long as you have ID it will generally be fine, the student union where I live has lots of stuff on for freshers, but most people have been going in anyways, some without ID, but as it is freshers, I can imagine that it will be alot stricter than normally, so make sure you have some and try to se if you can find out whether it is students only as alot of the student union sites will have this information on for people to see, try FB groups as well to see if you can find out more information aboutt he events.
Reply 26
superluke2k8

xq

When I was a Fresher, we had to have wristbands for almost everything.
superluke2k8

xq

as long as you have ID, it normally ok, if they night needs tickets then some places will allow you to get a guest one, that cost more then a student one, or some places you need to be with a student in order to get one
Reply 28
superluke2k8

xq

Some events will just require you to pay a little extra entrance fee if your not a student.
FM08
i heard we're meanty to take a suit or buy one etc, what about an iron? i read on here it's not needed, but i guess unlike others i iron my shirts. anyone know?

they can be useful, if you wear shirt and suits, are you in halls this year, as some halls with have a iron in the flat already, look on the halls site for that information
Reply 30
ye i'm in halls but don't know a halls site as such. ta though
FM08
ye i'm in halls but don't know a halls site as such. ta though

i take it your at Aston

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/

that should be the information about halls, it should have a list of what you have in your room and flat somewhere, if not ask in that uni forum on there
superluke2k8

xq

yeah, as long as you have id and a student at that uni to sign you in, and don't mind paying, you'll be fine.
why are you starting uni at 17?
ah right cool, do you look older than 17? you might get away without getting asked for ID on student nights. You might not have any problems going on nights out to your student union because at my student union they just ask to see your student card on entry and not ID.
Reply 35
Gap year wasnt an option?
This is the price you pay for thinking you're too good to follow the same system as everyone else.
Fake I.D. ??? how did you get out on the town previously?
I was seriously considering that but I didnt want to waste a year of my life doing nothing. but now it seems like I've made a stupid mistake
Unlucky!!
Find some people who dont drink?
not gonna encourage underage drinking or aught like that im afraid,
take it your not in halls either then?
i dont really have any good answers to your problem im afraid...

i thought most unis you had to be over 18 to start a course :s-smilie:??
x

Latest