The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Time table =) how much should you have a week?

I have my time table up on the student portal, I'm guessing it's all sorted out now for the start of the term, Monday.

I have Mondays off, I asked on here before and someone said there's probably something still to be added on my time table... Does seven ... activities like lectures and practicals look correct for a week? I really have no idea. Thankyou in advance, and sorry for all the stupid questions I keep asking :p:
Reply 1
Depends on what modules you are taking really. I have 5 modules in the Autumn term and for each I have 1 lecture and 1 seminar a week. So I have 2 lectures and 2 seminars on Monday, 3 lectures on Tuesday and 2 seminars and 1 lecture on Thursday.

I have Wednesday and Friday off. :woo:

In the module guide it will tell you the structure of the modules you chose, i.e. how many lectures and seminars you should have. Your timetable should be complete by now though.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh, I have no seminars on it. Your portal actually tells you the seminars?

Ah hmm. Looking at the booklet, it doesn't say seminars for any of the moduals I'm doing. I thought it was a little odd. It's just the lectures and it says weekly workshops.
My timetable has one item listed as 'study skills', I'm wondering if that's a workshop? Edit: Seems to be so going by the book, I think I'm sorted now.

I see you have about 10 items, which looks more like a timetable, mines a little bare. It might be that I'm lucky I gess I don't know, the spring terms might suck of course. :smile:

Thanks for replying.
Reply 3
yeah i don't know about my seminars yet either. all i know is that i'm in every single day (apart from weekends) for lectures. :woo:
i was hoping for at least one day off. :frown:
You're lucky! Tuesdays for me are 9am to 5pm and it doesn't even have a lunch break!

I'm going to ask the pro's about it, because i can't go all day without food!

I have one of those horrible split days too. 9-10 then 3-5. Typical considering i'm commuting in from an hour away.
Reply 5
Crazy_Moo129
You're lucky! Tuesdays for me are 9am to 5pm and it doesn't even have a lunch break!

I have one of those horrible split days too. 9-10 then 3-5. Typical considering i'm commuting in from an hour away.

That's really bad =/ I wonder if you can go into a different group for something. I have two split days, but I live in town so it's not so bad.
Reply 6
Are you doing Psychology? If you are, then yeah, Psychology has Mondays off in the first year afaik, and there are no seminars in the first year.

If you're not, ignore that :P
Reply 7
yas_22
yeah i don't know about my seminars yet either. all i know is that i'm in every single day (apart from weekends) for lectures. :woo:
i was hoping for at least one day off. :frown:

Well you cannot have any.
Reply 8
AfroNathan
Well you cannot have any.

:cry2:

3 hours of japanese a week and they just had to do it in 1 hour sessions across 3 days instead of 2 hours in 1 day etc. and most of it is self-learning anyway. :ninja:
Reply 9
Crazy_Moo129

Crikey, how many mods are you taking? 8 hours of non-stop lectures?? :eek:

Or, do you mean lectures and seminars? In which case, I would recommend switching seminar groups - everyone is entitled to a break :wink:
Aspiring
Crikey, how many mods are you taking? 8 hours of non-stop lectures?? :eek:

Or, do you mean lectures and seminars? In which case, I would recommend switching seminar groups - everyone is entitled to a break :wink:

i've got it sorted! my timetable was showing the wrong group in a seminar. i only have to goto one hour of a 2 hour seminar

phew! :cool:
Reply 11
Liv1204
Are you doing Psychology? If you are, then yeah, Psychology has Mondays off in the first year afaik, and there are no seminars in the first year.

If you're not, ignore that :P

:biggrin: thankyou

Latest