The Student Room Group

How long does it take/has it taken for you to receive UCAS offers?

I applied to UCL, LSE, Goldsmiths, Kent, Edinburgh for anthropology and my reference was sent off on the 30th september. I already have acknowledgments from UCL, LSE and Edinburgh but I just wondered how often it takes for offers to come through from these universities this time of year.

I already have A levels, I deferred for the year as I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do but now I am.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Lse start giving offers depending on the number of A*'s u have. So people with 11A*'s + get their offers first and then 10 and then so on and so forth. Not sure abt others.
Reply 2
It depends a lot on the university how long it takes to get a reply although because you already have your results you will receive guarenteed place or rejection notification. I did my application last year and found out within about a month and a half from all of the universities i applied to however some of my friends didn't find out for around 2-3 months. You just need to be patient and check your UCAS track regularly. :smile:
Reply 3
i had all my offers but one within 3 weeks and then edinburgh took 6 moths! and didn't respond till april
I read somewhere, I think it was on here, that universities may wait longer this year before giving offers, so it might not be until January or even later!

Edit: It's in this article:

Some advisers will tell you that applying early gives you an advantage. It doesn’t, and is even less likely to do so this year. There are hints that after the problems in the 2008-09 round, when some unis found that they had made too many offers, that they will be slower to respond to applications and more likely to hold over everything until the 15 January deadline. This was already true of competitive courses such as History, English, Law, Economics, where unis like LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Durham, and Edinburgh have kept applicants waiting until March or even April for a decision. This can happen even with less competitive courses and unis - some unis have a policy not to look at anything until all applications are in. Others will do a preliminary screening which will weed out the obvious no-hopers and hold over the rest until January.
Reply 5
last year i got two offers within a week, then it was about a month for the next two, and then edinburgh took about 3/4 months...

edit: to post above, january is really not that late, one of my friends didn't hear from her last offer until a week before my deadline to reply (may 4th) :rolleyes: (she had an extended deadline due to this)
thanks guys, keep this thread going i'd like to hear other people's experiences :smile:

Oh god this is going to take a hell of a load of patience I can foresee...

Latest

Trending

Trending