The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah I have the same problem, i typed in "Extended Project (EPQ)" under the other option - but this may well be wrong - i only guessed....

Yeah Id love to know how you do it too!
Reply 2
Level Three Extended Project is what I've put mine as.
Reply 3
Under the "other qualification" section with the massive list there is Extended Project (Level 3) under "E"
I forgot to put mine on before I sent it. Oops. It's gone on my reference though, I'm sure.
Reply 5
35mm_
I forgot to put mine on before I sent it. Oops. It's gone on my reference though, I'm sure.

I dont suppose it will matter too much as no Uni's will be making offers with it in? Its more just something to show research skills and interest in the subject area so in the reference area is probably a good place for it.
Reply 6
35mm_

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're obliged to declare all qualifications that you hold or are expected to hold before starting university, so it might be a good idea to amend it if you can.

jamz0770
I dont suppose it will matter too much as no Uni's will be making offers with it in? Its more just something to show research skills and interest in the subject area so in the reference area is probably a good place for it.

Some are making offers with it in, yes. Bristol gives a choice of say, AAA at A Level or AAB at A Level plus a good grade in the EPQ.

The reference is a good place to mention it, but it should also be declared on the UCAS form like all other qualifications.
xmarilynx
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're obliged to declare all qualifications that you hold or are expected to hold before starting university, so it might be a good idea to amend it if you can.

I can't ammend it because my app has been processed by UCAS. I doubt it's absolutely essential to include it on UCAS though (hopefully).
Reply 8
35mm_
I can't ammend it because my app has been processed by UCAS. I doubt it's absolutely essential to include it on UCAS though (hopefully).

You can ring and ask them to change it. It's up to you if you want to risk it I suppose :dontknow:
xmarilynx
You can ring and ask them to change it. It's up to you if you want to risk it I suppose :dontknow:

So, do you think my app will be rejected if I haven't declared it?
xmarilynx
Level Three Extended Project is what I've put mine as.

Yeah same, can be found under "Other qualifications"

My title had to be shortened though, damn character length.
35mm_
So, do you think my app will be rejected if I haven't declared it?

Not rejected. But I've heard of situations where unis have over-offered and used silly excuses to get rid of people. The UCAS T&Cs state that your application has to be complete with no necessary details omitted, so the uni has the right to cancel their offer if you have left stuff out. If they've made too many offers they could cut the people that have made stupid mistakes (missing off a GCSE or they forgot they had, putting the wrong exam board, whatever).

That might just be a TSR myth or something theoretical that doesn't actually happen, though :dontknow: I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to UCAS stuff, so someone with more knowledge on the subject will probably come along and make me look like an idiot correct me in a minute :p:
xmarilynx
Not rejected. But I've heard of situations where unis have over-offered and used silly excuses to get rid of people. The UCAS T&Cs state that your application has to be complete with no necessary details omitted, so the uni has the right to cancel their offer if you have left stuff out. If they've made too many offers they could cut the people that have made stupid mistakes (missing off a GCSE or they forgot they had, putting the wrong exam board, whatever).

That might just be a TSR myth or something theoretical that doesn't actually happen, though :dontknow: I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to UCAS stuff, so someone with more knowledge on the subject will probably come along and make me look like an idiot correct me in a minute :p:

Okay, thanks. Quite worried now :/

We had an EP lesson on Monday and he told us how to put it on UCAS, and I told him I'd left it off by accident having already sent it, and he said it didn't matter. Stupid incompetent school.
Reply 13
Plus the EP is worth quite a lot of UCAS points (same as an AS level I think), so it's probably worth putting it on.
Reply 14
Do you just shorten down the EPQ title ... Like more note form... ??
Reply 15
35mm_
Ring UCAS and tell them. You may need to contact all your unis as well. If by 'sent' you mean it's only gone to your referee, they should send it back to you because they are meant to check that applications are complete and accurate.
Reply 16
on the 'title' part do you actually write the title of your own EPQ project?
Reply 17
hi2109hi

Yeah, I need to know this as well.
Reply 18
hi2109hi

RTom
Yeah, I need to know this as well.
Yeah you do. I was speaking to some past students who took it as well as the man who created the EPQ at rugby school a few months ago, and they said to put it as an abbreviated title :smile:
lol. I put 'French, Spanish, History and Music' under the title box as that is what mine covers.

Oh well :smile: They'll get the idea as I also explain what I'm up ot in my PS.

Latest