The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Loz17
I'd say the campus is nice, peaceful. Has a woodland area with a lake (although I didn't see this) farms etc

Not seen library or halls yet, but apart from that I think it looks good.

Pharmacy building has just been updated and the course has just been accredited. Facilities for Pharmacy are now very good with the new microbiology labs, good pharmacy practise rooms etc.

Also close to the Town centre with buses running through the campus.

thanks no need to fret about having picked it then
cousto
thanks no need to fret about having picked it then

No, its all ok

Best of luck with your application!
Has anyone in the past received an offer from KINGS with a medicine personal statement?
Reply 43
The-Serial-Kisser
Has anyone in the past received an offer from KINGS with a medicine personal statement?

Not sure for certain although when i went to the open day they were very stern with saying that anyone with a medicine personal statement is unlikely to get an offer; it shows you don't want to do pharmacy!
Reply 44
Z_Ahmed
No problem, I took your advice and applied for prefect at my school , and applied for work experience in a range of pharmacies though I wasn't successfull, I got a place in a health clinic which dispenses herbal medicine which is just as relevent. :smile:

That's good! Good luck with your application:biggrin:
I have as grades of bDD (psycho chem maths) and predictions of ABC
gcses : 2 A*'S
5A's
2B's

Have the relevant work exp.
Voluntry work too

Do i have a chance?
UnitedForverAs1
5A's
2B's

Voluntry work too

Do i have a chance?

Yea you do, just give it a try and work your ass off for ABB/AAB

Are you retaking? Those D's worry me a bit, especially chemistry :s-smilie:

I had a C at AS chem last year (now a B though) and missed a B at A2 this years. But I had a lot of retakes so exams were difficult.
Loz17
Yea you do, just give it a try and work your ass off for ABB/AAB

Are you retaking? Those D's worry me a bit, especially chemistry :s-smilie:

I had a C at AS chem last year (now a B though) and missed a B at A2 this years. But I had a lot of retakes so exams were difficult.

Im retaking chemistry in jan and then june
Maths was close to a C so im retaking both cores (:
Psychology Ill be retakin I want an A

So yeh aLL I have time for is work

But do u think Ill be considered for interviews/ offers at any of these
Manchester UEA portsmouth REading aston ?
UnitedForverAs1
Im retaking chemistry in jan and then june
Maths was close to a C so im retaking both cores (: B in statistics..
Psychology Ill be retakin I want an A

So yeh aLL I have time for is work

But do u think Ill be considered for interviews/ offers at any of these
Manchester UEA portsmouth REading aston ?

Yea most you should be ok :smile:

Your just like me then :p: All free time (which isn't much, juggling college and 20 hours of work a week is difficult)

I got an interview at Reading with predicted ACC last year, so I'm sure you'll be ok. Aston I'm unsure off, they like an A in chemistry last knew. Portmouth will give you an offer with no interview, and I think UEA may do too (unsure about the interview though, never looked at that uni)

May I ask what exactly is your relevent work experience and volunteer work? Its very good that you have it as its dififcult to get work exprience in pharmacy, but it is very good to have.
Loz17

Your just like me then :p: All free time (which isn't much, juggling college and 20 hours of work a week is difficult)

I got an interview at Reading with predicted ACC last year, so I'm sure you'll be ok. Aston I'm unsure off, they like an A in chemistry last knew. Portmouth will give you an offer with no interview, and I think UEA may do too (unsure about the interview though, never looked at that uni)

May I ask what exactly is your relevent work experience and volunteer work? Its very good that you have it as its dififcult to get work exprience in pharmacy, but it is very good to have.

Voluntary = Hospital's Pharmacy for couple of months
Other places = Working with young kids

Work Exp = Community Pharmacy
And then high school work exp at a GP

Also have young enterprise to write about and I did work expierence at another clinic
UnitedForverAs1
Voluntary = Hospital's Pharmacy for couple of months
Other places = Working with young kids

Work Exp = Community Pharmacy
And then high school work exp at a GP

Also have young enterprise to write about (:

I hope to get an interview at manchester tbh. Fingers crossed!
You work"/ My life is just revision now...bad times...

Thats pretty good tbh :smile:

I'm not sure about machester, but I tink you might have a chance tbh :smile:

Yea it is bad times for us, but it will be worth it in the end :biggrin:
Loz17
Thats pretty good tbh :smile:

I'm not sure about machester, but I tink you might have a chance tbh :smile:

Yea it is bad times for us, but it will be worth it in the end :biggrin:

I hope so. I take it your doing Pharmacy now?
UnitedForverAs1
I hope so. I take it your doing Pharmacy now?

No. I failed maths this year (combinatuion of **** teachers and changing exam boards half way through) I also only got C's in bio and chem so I need to bring these up a little bit.

I'm also doing AS psychology and Extended project this year too, and as I work in a pharmacy, my boss has agreed to allow me to do my DAC (I think its that, but basically my training module to become a qualified dispensary assistant)

I only know so much about applying as I'e been through it before, and am doing it again.
Loz17
No. I failed maths this year (combinatuion of **** teachers and changing exam boards half way through) I also only got C's in bio and chem so I need to bring these up a little bit.

I'm also doing AS psychology and Extended project this year too, and as I work in a pharmacy, my boss has agreed to allow me to do my DAC (I think its that, but basically my training module to become a qualified dispensary assistant)

I only know so much about applying as I'e been through it before, and am doing it again.

Oh okay sorry. Your lucky to do the dispensary course something different to write about on your P.S! I hope my work expierence stands out a bit workin in hospital and community pharmacy.
And you've got the C's so just a lil bit more and you'll b there.

Are you doing Psychology on the AQA board? New spec?
UnitedForverAs1
Ah okay. My bad. Sorry.
Wow. Your lucky to do the dispensary course something different to write about on your P.S! I hope my work expierence stands out a bit workin in hospital and community pharmacy.
And you've got the C's so just a lil bit more and you'll b there.

Are you doing Psychology on the AQA board? New spec?
The uni1 exam paper is rather piss, if you revise. I spent two days on it and got a B and spent most of my time on the other ones and didnt do so well. ironic!

Well its about time I'm doing it, I've been working in dispensary since I was 15 (and I'm 19 next week) Yea not long to go now and I'll be there with my B's and extra stuffs.

I'm doing new spec EdExcel, so I'm not sure about it. I don't do essays. I am a scientist :p:

But anyway your taking the correct attitude. Just work hard and you will achieve what you need :smile:
Reply 55
UnitedForverAs1
5A's
2B's

Voluntry work too

Do i have a chance?

Yes, you do..you need to be very careful about the A2 chemistry, that has to be a minimum of a B.

What did you get in your AS level? As even if you got a C, that can count towards your offer.

Places such as brighton, portsmouth and reading take UCAS points.

GCSE's are not looked upon a lot, just the maths, english language and science GCSE's are important tbh

Loz17

Are you sure about the no interview bit? Has it changed? If so, I need to change the guide!
petzneo

Are you sure about the no interview bit? Has it changed? If so, I need to change the guide!

It was the case last year for me. I had a straight offer of BBB.

I'll find out for you though.
Reply 57
hey sent of my applications 2 days ago for

Cardiff
Manchester
Bath
Reading
Portsmouth

predictions;
Chemistry- A
Religious Studies- A
Biology- A/B
Welsh bacc- A

GCSE;

A-2
B-4
C-5

( C's in maths and english, which im VERY worried about :\)

got quiet alot of extra curr's

head boy
sixth form comittee
bullying scheme
etc...

do you think the C's in english and maths will affect me ?
richardj12

Cardiff
Manchester
Bath
Reading
Portsmouth

predictions;
Chemistry- A
Religious Studies- A
Biology- A/B
Welsh bacc- A

GCSE;

A-2
B-4
C-5

head boy
sixth form comittee
bullying scheme
etc...

I can safely say that Reading and Portsmouth will accept you. I'm unsure about the rest but I think you do require at least a C in English Language and Maths at GCSE. I'd look this up on the Course sites if I were you :smile:
Reply 59
richardj12

Cardiff
Manchester
Bath
Reading
Portsmouth

predictions;
Chemistry- A
Religious Studies- A
Biology- A/B
Welsh bacc- A

GCSE;

A-2
B-4
C-5

head boy
sixth form comittee
bullying scheme
etc...

Hi, just researched on cardiff and you should be fine

"GCSE Mathematics grade C, English grade C."

see link below, its under "other":

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/ug/apply/entryrequirements/pharmacy/index.html

and portsmouth are fine about it: http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/coursetypes/undergraduate/MpharmHonsPharmacy/

Reading are also fine with it:

http://www.reading.ac.uk/Study/ug/PharmacyMPharm.aspx

see the fact file on the right hand side.

You might have a problem with BATH as they say that GCSE english language is needed at grade B.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/prospectus/undergrad/course/SUG-M1

(click on course requirements)

So you should email the admissions tutor to discuss with them further on what you can do, that is what i suggest.

Good luck, hope it helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending