The Student Room Group
Reply 1
elfy-elf
Jeez, GCSE Art is like ripping out your soul and papermach'ing it to the canvas. NIGHTMARE.

I need at least four artists whose work relates to the subject 'I, me, mine' - for me it's quite invasive really. Already covered Emin... any ideas?

Even though it's quite a personal topic - the general consensus is kooky, alternative self expression.

Any ideas much appreciated.

This'll help you:

http://www.tate.org.uk/youngtate/examhelp/themes/i-me-mine.shtm

Look at the list of paintings near the bottom.
elfy-elf
Jeez, GCSE Art is like ripping out your soul and papermach'ing it to the canvas. NIGHTMARE.

I need at least four artists whose work relates to the subject 'I, me, mine' - for me it's quite invasive really. Already covered Emin... any ideas?

Even though it's quite a personal topic - the general consensus is kooky, alternative self expression.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Frida Khalo is a very good artist to use - her work, especially portraiture, was VERY personal
You could apply it to some of the work of Van Gogh, Marc Chagall, some Francis Bacon, Cindy Sherman......most of those are particularly useful if you plan to take a portraiture based direction
Reply 3
Schiele :love:
any artist that work is personal really, which are most
and artists you like, not just because you have to research because then it's personal to you

Latest