The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I havent got a postcard yet.

I'm a reapplicant (doing 1 year A levels), and have not got my predicted grades written on my reference section. But I hope my referee will send Soton another reference detailing my predicted grades.

I heard that last year, a lot of BM6 applicants have been predicted A's and B's.

I was wondering when does soton BM6 interview? And how many people they invite for interview? How many people applied for BM6 this year.... Hmm.
Reply 2
Im wondering the same myself to be honest. I rang and asked them if I had the required grades for normal entry (which I don't) if I could still apply, and they told me its wouldn't be worth applying then. I think the interviews are around January, but havnt got a clue when we find out whether we have one or not.
Hyperbole08
Im wondering the same myself to be honest. I rang and asked them if I had the required grades for normal entry (which I don't) if I could still apply, and they told me its wouldn't be worth applying then. I think the interviews are around January, but havnt got a clue when we find out whether we have one or not.

I am in fact applying for the BM6 course and have predicted grades AAB. I personally really like the sound of the course and I emailed them about applying with AAB and they said it is fine too. I know a lot of people will disagree with me for applying but personally I think the course would be really good for me.
Reply 4
Sounds good... I actually applied with predictions AABB and was really unsure whether I should or shouldnt apply.
Reply 5
Thought I'd just pop in and say hi :hello:
Hyperbole08
Sounds good... I actually applied with predictions AABB and was really unsure whether I should or shouldnt apply.

so you are applying with AABB? what are your subjects? xx
Reply 7
Biology , Chemistry , Maths and ICT:smile: But the thing is I didnt actually get those grades I got quite a bit wors to be honest. What are your subjects ? xxx
Hyperbole08
Biology , Chemistry , Maths and ICT:smile: But the thing is I didnt actually get those grades I got quite a bit wors to be honest. What are your subjects ? xxx

oh so you are carrying on with 4? I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths.
xxx
i applied for this course my predicted grades are 3 Distinctions and got the postcard on saturday : )
Alex D
Thought I'd just pop in and say hi

heya, hows the course going?
Reply 11
Nope... I did the ICT in a year :smile: so Im doing 3 this year, which is good... as I have 10 more hours free per week at college , where have you applied? xxx
Hyperbole08
Nope... I did the ICT in a year :smile: so Im doing 3 this year, which is good... as I have 10 more hours free per week at college , where have you applied? xxx

Liverpool, leicester and UEA, you?
Reply 13
Nottingham , Southampton, UCL and Penninsula x
Reply 14
indie_couture
heya, hows the course going?

It's really good thanks :biggrin: How'd your PS end up? Did you get the email I sent you with it attached?
Alex D
It's really good thanks :biggrin: How'd your PS end up? Did you get the email I sent you with it attached?

good. Yeh i think so, thankyou!
yep all sent now so just waiting now!!
xxx
Reply 16
indie_couture
good. Yeh i think so, thankyou!
yep all sent now so just waiting now!!
xxx

Good stuff :smile: Good luck anyway, it's just playing the waiting game now :p:
I've applied to both Kings and Soton for the 5 year MBBS course, seeing as i satisfy all the criteria for the extended medical degree programmes, will they automatically consider me for these programs? should i get rejected from the 5yr Courses?
Reply 18
Norfolk_Enchance
I've applied to both Kings and Soton for the 5 year MBBS course, seeing as i satisfy all the criteria for the extended medical degree programmes, will they automatically consider me for these programs? should i get rejected from the 5yr Courses?

No they won't.
Norfolk_Enchance

why would you?
what are you predicted?

Latest