The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I havn't even got round to starting a game yet and i got the game on friday. Does anyone know if theres a database with ALL the lower english leagues been made avail for download yet?
Reply 7161
:woo: I managed to beat Real Madrid

I took a chance and shut up shop - went with a counter-attacking 4-1-4-1 with Rooney up on his lonesome. Was awarded a penalty, which was scored, then I kept up the counter-attack strategy in the hope of getting a second...didn't get it, so decided I'd take a chance and just settle with a 1-0 win or hopefully just concede one goal and take 1-1, and I switched to the Contain strategy. Was under a LOT of pressure in the second half, but didn't concede, and stole all three points :biggrin:
Reply 7162
I managed to get a pretty amazing regen in the first transfer window :rolleyes:

I will post a screenshot in a little while but as I am playing on a laptop in windowed mode you can't see all his stats without scrolling :/

Also, I am up to October and with Liverpool I have lost 1 game, drew 1 game and won the rest. Just hoping the consistency can stay there!
Reply 7163

That's the guy, 15 years old and got him for £2.9m. Is accomplished at AMR and MR.

I have also invested in a 16 year old Fiorentina striker called Babacar for £7m as he compliments Meite by being a force in the air and 6ft 3"
Lennon>Young, imo.

First big test is coming up, playing Chelsea away. I have a fully fit squad to choose from though, so am expecting at least a point if not all three. The achievements are a gimmick, at best.
Reply 7165
Kevmeister
Lennon>Young, imo.

First big test is coming up, playing Chelsea away. I have a fully fit squad to choose from though, so am expecting at least a point if not all three. The achievements are a gimmick, at best.

I agree, Lennon is better than Young on the game, but Young is about £20m cheaper and Lennon is not £20m better :p:

My first real test was against Man Utd. They played a 4-3-3 and I smashed them 3-0 with, suprise suprise Vidic being sent off :rolleyes:
Second big game was against Chelsea and pulled back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2.

Man Utd bought Navas and Chelsea bought Jovetic so missed out there :mad:

Diego Renan has been immense though! Young player off the month 3 times on the run now :biggrin:
meskell
I agree, Lennon is better than Young on the game, but Young is about £20m cheaper and Lennon is not £20m better :p:

My first real test was against Man Utd. They played a 4-3-3 and I smashed them 3-0 with, suprise suprise Vidic being sent off :rolleyes:
Second big game was against Chelsea and pulled back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2.

Man Utd bought Navas and Chelsea bought Jovetic so missed out there :mad:

Diego Renan has been immense though! Young player off the month 3 times on the run now :biggrin:

Young is a lot dearer in my game, weird.

Wow, that is a surprise.

What about Gouffran or Ben Arfa to play on the wings?

Only managed a draw with Chelsea, disappointed.
Reply 7167
Kevmeister
Young is a lot dearer in my game, weird.

Wow, that is a surprise.

What about Gouffran or Ben Arfa to play on the wings?

Only managed a draw with Chelsea, disappointed.

I can get Young for between £13m and £15m but I couldn't even get talking to Lennon ar £30m!!

I am trying to find some great youth prospects to stick on the wings, but because I am using ML and MR's it makes it a bit tougher than pure wingers.

My team has done pretty well though, just beat Man City 5-1 and I was missing Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano.
Got knocked out of the League Cup by Chelsea, 2-1 in extra-time. I went 1-0 up after 15 seconds but then had Gerrard and Kuyt sent off at the same time :mad:
Damn it, I just lost Hargreaves for 3 months. He got injured in a home game against Everton so I brought Owen on for him and switched to 4-4-2 and lost 2-0. I won't be doing that again.

Gourcuff is on his way for £17m. :woo:
Reply 7169
Kevmeister
Damn it, I just lost Hargreaves for 3 months. He got injured in a home game against Everton so I brought Owen on for him and switched to 4-4-2 and lost 2-0. I won't be doing that again.

Gourcuff is on his way for £17m. :woo:

You didn't have a spare MC to replace him with? Half my bench tends to be midfielders :biggrin:

:rofl: I've just realised that the Game Status screen (that shows you how long you've been playing the game and stuff) now actually keeps track of how many times you've saved your game. That is going to be sooooo embarrassing for me somewhere down the line - you get autosaves every week, month or whatever...but I save the game just about every other day :o:
Dalimyr
You didn't have a spare MC to replace him with? Half my bench tends to be midfielders :biggrin:

:rofl: I've just realised that the Game Status screen (that shows you how long you've been playing the game and stuff) now actually keeps track of how many times you've saved your game. That is going to be sooooo embarrassing for me somewhere down the line - you get autosaves every week, month or whatever...but I save the game just about every other day :o:

I did, but thought 'Everton at home? Easy....' Lesson learnt. I went through a bad patch where I didn't win for 5 games inc. a CC game and my job status went to insecure, WTF? I was second in the table and only a point behind first place.....

I've noticed that, though it won't affect me that much tbh.
As Spurs I am 3rd with 5 games to go, just beat Wigan 8-2 and Liverpool 5-2. Just playing the standard 4-4-2 formation with my gameplan on Control against weaker teams and counter against stronger teams. My formation is

Gomes
Corluka/Naughton - King - Bassong - Assou-Ekotto
Lennon - Hamsik - Modric - Petrov
Crouch/Van Nistelrooy - Defoe/Keane

Hamsik - 16m
Petrov - Season Long Loan
Van Nistelrooy - 1.5m

Strangely Crouch and Defoe work the best strike duo with Crouch set to target man and Defoe set to poacher.

At the moment the table is Chelsea, Man U, Spurs, Man City, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool. Great fun for the scousers :p:
Ok, Chelsea are annoying me now.

I have had to play them so many times this season, here is the full list:

Community Shield - 3-1 win
Premier League - 5-3 loss
Champions League 1st knockout round 1st leg - 2-1 loss
Champions League 1st knockout round 2nd leg - 2-0 win
League Cup Final - 2-0 win
FA Cup 6th Round - 6-1 win (they played mostly reserve players)
Premier League - 4-1 loss

So that is 7 matches against 1 team in a season.

They are also annoying me in the league, see if you can spot why from this screenshot:

For the last 10 games we have been on exactly the same number of points and up until a couple of games ago they were level on goal difference but ahead because they had scored 1 goal more than me.

If I lose on goal difference to them then I am deliberately going to buy out as many of their good players as I can just because of their transfer ban.
Reply 7173
Sports Interactive have chosen to use a picture of Peter Gain that was supplied to them by a coroner, by the looks of it :biggrin:

He's ****ing purple!!!

Word from SI:
Stu Coleman
This is the picture that has been sent to us by Dagenham & Redbridge FC so they are obviously satisfied with it's quality.
:rofl:
Have just played Liverpool and Vidic was sent off. I'm playing Gourcuff in midfield alongside Fletch with Carrick as DM, haven't lost a league game since his arrival. My main aim for the summer transfer window is to bring in a new GK, VDS is starting to make mistakes and Foster isn't doing the business.
Reply 7175
I'm downloading it on steam right now. I CANT WAIT.

Gonna start a game with Man City to get to know it a bit, then probably start a harder game with Celtic since they get a decent budget in this game. At least this year I wont have to do too much spending with City, actually.. if any..
Jim-ie
I'm downloading it on steam right now. I CANT WAIT.

Gonna start a game with Man City to get to know it a bit, then probably start a harder game with Celtic since they get a decent budget in this game. At least this year I wont have to do too much spending with City, actually.. if any..

In my game Hughes has spent £53m on players, with Dos Santos, Kalou and Lucas being the notable additions.

I'd say the squad needs trimming, esp with the likes of Benjani in there.
Dalimyr
Sports Interactive have chosen to use a picture of Peter Gain that was supplied to them by a coroner, by the looks of it :biggrin:

He's ****ing purple!!!

Word from SI:
:rofl:

Peter Gain comes from Shambhala, which explains why he is purple.

:yes:
Reply 7178
I've just had a press conference where I've denied one of my players had been playing badly, and now he's apparently unhappy at my 'negative words' :confused:
Reply 7179
Kevmeister
In my game Hughes has spent £53m on players, with Dos Santos, Kalou and Lucas being the notable additions.

I'd say the squad needs trimming, esp with the likes of Benjani in there.

I picked up Srna, Riquelme and Van der Vaart (loan). Still got plenty of cash left but I've more than enough players it seems.

Latest