The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unfortunately us guys are expected to start the conversation.
You need to treat women as people; think of them as your friends, not potential girlfriends. More will come later, but only when the time is right.
Hey, I got an idea... approach them!
Yes, it took a light year to figure that one out!
IF you want something, go get it
RightSaidJames
You need to treat women as people; think of them as your friends

LOLOLOL

Top advice if you never plan on having sex for the rest of your life.
Reply 5
RightSaidJames
You need to treat women as people

This will get you nowhere, son.
Reply 6
Because you are ugly/boring/depressing and have no charm/charisma/confidence.

Delete as appropriate.

People who tell you that it'll happen when the "time is right" are liars. Girls rarely come to boys, that's reserved only for the lucky few. You have to go out, and make them notice you.

Find an "in," then when you get your in, charm them, tease them.
Reply 7
CHRIS_PARTLOW
LOLOLOL

And that's top advice if you plan on being an insensitive jerk
CHRIS_PARTLOW
LOLOLOL

I am not going to get into such a pathetic argument, suffice to say my love life is just fine thanks very much.
Reply 9
bennh
And that's top advice if you plan on being an insensitive jerk

Maybe so, but it gets more girlfriends, and not just friends who are girls.

And anyway, there did he say you have to be insensitive about it?
It's all about the confidence. Anyway, they don't ignore you but everyone knows that guys have to approach girls!! With your mates act like a dick and show you're confident and funny and you will catch girls attention.
Reply 11
RightSaidJames
I am not going to get into such a pathetic argument, suffice to say my love life is just fine thanks very much.

Anyone who describes their love life as "fine" is lacking something. :p:
Reply 12
calvinuk
Maybe so, but it gets more girlfriends, and not just friends who are girls.

And anyway, there did he say you have to be insensitive about it?

No no, I'm not even attracted to women and I know that they don't usually want a guy on the forehead of whom you can read "sexsexsexsexsexnownownow".
Do you just want sex with 9/10s and 10/10s?

What are your attitudes towards women really?

Do you actually like them for what they are or for what they can give you?
aw dude :frown:
just be yourself, and it'll happen. confidence and genuine personality is what people look for.
trust me, i know exactly how you feel with the 'itll happen'. but it will, you just have to wait, frustrating as that is
:smile:
Reply 15
bennh
No no, I'm not even attracted to women and I know that they don't usually want a guy on the forehead of whom you can read "sexsexsexsexsexnownownow".

Who said anything about being so forward as to make their intentions as clear as that?

Girls LOVE, and I mean LOVE being given attention as though they were a potential mate.

But as you say, you're not attracted to women, therefore your views on the "art of attracting women" are moot, as your views are formed anecdotally and not through experience.
calvinuk
Anyone who describes their love life as "fine" is lacking something. :p:

I was just being modest, there's no way I'm going to boast on a forum because by doing so I'd be missing the point entirely.
Man up and make yourself seen. Talk to them. One of them is bound to be desperate enough to date you.
RightSaidJames
You need to treat women as people; think of them as your friends, not potential girlfriends. More will come later, but only when the time is right.

This - i used to feel like that OP - girls aren't scary, most of them (in my experience - limited tho it may be) are easy to talk to :smile:
calvinuk
Who said anything about being so forward as to make their intentions as clear as that?

Girls LOVE, and I mean LOVE being given attention as though they were a potential mate.

But as you say, you're not attracted to women, therefore your views on the "art of attracting women" are moot, as your views are formed anecdotally and not through experience.

Some do, some don't. The ones I want to go out with are the ones who will like me as a person first.

Latest