Reply 1
- classrooms
- nightlife
- facilities
- more people?
- more girls
- whatever else

Classrooms:

I have visited both campuses and I would say class rooms have the same standards.

Nightlife:

Although I'm from Stafford campus I hear Stoke is better, saying that Stafford still has a great night life.

Facilities:

Stafford hands down. They have top notch facilities for computing courses, engineering courses, music course etc. I heard a few weeks ago they are one in three universities in the UK with a hd recording studio! Stoke is still good in specific areas, I hear they have one of the best law schools in the UK.

More people:

Stoke has the most people as it has more faculties. Stafford puts most its enthuses into the Computing, Technology and Engineering so it tends to attract the more specific group of people, saying that there is still a nice range of people.

Girls:

Guy:girl ratio in Stoke is a lot higher, I've seen this in person. Over in Stafford I believe it's 29 guys to 1 girl (may be off a little but you get the point).

Conclusion:

Don't be drawn in by the night life etc. Look at the course that is best for you, because at the end of the day your paying over £3000 a year to be there so you may as well spend it wisely. You can always gets taxis, buses etc to more desired places to spend your nights out. Hope this helps.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
- classrooms

similar but stafford seems nicer

- nightlife

stoke by far

- facilities

stafford has pretty awesome facilities like the motion capture and the amount of up to date software

- more people?

stoke has more obviously being the main campus

- more girls

stafford obviously :rolleyes:

- whatever else

stafford is nicer and a better town
Abdulkawi
Which campus is better, in terms of...

- classrooms
- nightlife
- facilities
- more people?
- more girls :rolleyes:
- whatever else

I'm thinking of coming to this uni next year! + going this saturday to the open day, but cant decide which campus to go to (my course is on both).

Plus any reviews on the uni would be nice (even criticism).

- classrooms - not sure
- nightlife - Stoke will be a lot better than Stafford, Stafford is a soul destroying crap hole, you might say what night life? for Stafford
- facilities - Stoke has better facilities i would say maybe
- more people - Stoke but will be more ethnic
- more girls - Stoke, Stafford practically none
- whatever else

Stafford is an alright place but has no night life, middle of no-where, campus about 30+ min walk from town, nothing really to do

Hanley is ok, bit run down but is bigger and would say bit better than Stafford

The only promotion for Stafford would be the ways to get out of the place
Tom251nd
- classrooms
- nightlife
- facilities
- more people?
- more girls
- whatever else

Classrooms:

I have visited both campuses and I would say class rooms have the same standards.

Nightlife:

Although I'm from Stafford campus I hear Stoke is better, saying that Stafford still has a great night life.

Facilities:

Stafford hands down. They have top notch facilities for computing courses, engineering courses, music course etc. I heard a few weeks ago they are one in three universities in the UK with a hd recording studio! Stoke is still good in specific areas, I hear they have one of the best law schools in the UK.

More people:

Stoke has the most people as it has more faculties. Stafford puts most its enthuses into the Computing, Technology and Engineering so it tends to attract the more specific group of people, saying that there is still a nice range of people.

Girls:

Guy:girl ratio in Stoke is a lot higher, I've seen this in person. Over in Stafford I believe it's 29 guys to 1 girl (may be off a little but you get the point).

Conclusion:

Don't be drawn in by the night life etc. Look at the course that is best for you, because at the end of the day your paying over £3000 a year to be there so you may as well spend it wisely. You can always gets taxis, buses etc to more desired places to spend your nights out. Hope this helps.

since when has stafford ever had a good night life?
Reply 5
What are you talking about? Stafford has very very very few girls. I went to the Stoke campus for job training (Student Ambassador) and girls outweighed guys. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
thanks for the heads up, much appreciated :wink: I'm actullay going to do Accounting and Finance and might end up living there. Would love to see some pictures of stoke or stafford if anyone has any :smile:

ATM I'm going to go to stoke, I actullay thought stafford would be the main campus :eek3:

Anyone here doing Accounting and Finance?
Reply 7
Stoke is a **** hole, all you need to know.
Reply 8
Rucklo
Stoke is a **** hole, all you need to know.

would love to know why please :frown:
Reply 9
Abdulkawi
would love to know why please :frown:

My ex was from there so I used to get the train there every other week before someone goes I have probably only been there once.

1) From what I saw of the city centre, the main street is OK, the bus centre stank of piss and water/god knows what dripped from above.

2) Generally seemed run down

3) Plenty of girls yeah, all slags. Never in my life before have I had 3 girls try to pull me when I was dating one of there friends. If you want a quick shag its a ******* awesome place but not for actual relationships.
Reply 10
Rucklo
3) Plenty of girls yeah, all slags. Never in my life before have I had 3 girls try to pull me when I was dating one of there friends. If you want a quick shag its a ******* awesome place but not for actual relationships.

LOL. I cracked laughing at this.

How about the campus itself? :smile: Just desperate to know everything about it before I commit to going there since I've got other options like northampton, BCU, wolverhampton, cardiff.
Reply 11
I admit it isn't the nicest place in the world however every area has good points and bad points. I found the stoke campus to be nice and friendly, everyone seems to get along with each other.
Reply 12
Stoke is a pretty crap place though when I went to randomly walk around Stoke once...the campus is OK, it's just the area. and Hanleys better at night.

Stafford's nicer with a bit of nightlife though, its just a more 'quiet place'.

You just have to go into the town centre at night, as thats where all the girls are; its pretty **** when i'm sitting in the bottom of the Octagon (which I am now) and its all ******* guys.

do any deisent women go to Stafford campus or what?!
Reply 13
How about the accomodation, any advice on which is best? ensuite perhaps?
Reply 14
Stoke = You'll get stabbed.

Stafford = You'll want to be stabbed.
mattyboi90

:O
mattyboi90
Stoke = You'll get stabbed.

Now, now Matt whats so bad about Stafford I mean it could be worse :p:
Reply 17
You're more likely to get stabbed in Stafford if you hang around one of the 2 mcDonalds'...
Reply 18
inebriatedgoldfish
Now, now Matt whats so bad about Stafford I mean it could be worse :p:

I was 'avin a larffffff, i have nothing against Stafford, i like the place. Unlike you and the slanderous things you say about it :smile:.
Reply 19
noaksey
You're more likely to get stabbed in Stafford if you hang around one of the 2 mcDonalds'...

That or Highfields..

Latest

Trending

Trending