The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

History of Art - Am I likely to get an offer?

I am applying to study History of Art and Bristol is one of my choices, however I am just worried that the offers will all go to students who are predicted AAA. My predicted grades are AABB and the entry requirements are between AAA and ABB so I meet the entry requirements. I was just wondering if anyone had any information regarding what kind of grades Bristol normally gives offers to.

Also: Does anyone know if you can switch onto the study abroad course once you're there if you applied for just the History of Art course?
As long as you weren't totally devoid of personality and other activities in your personal statement you should be fine. It's not a very competitive course, in fact they were talking about getting rid of it this year.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
atheistwithfaith
As long as you weren't totally devoid of personality and other activities in your personal statement you should be fine. It's not a very competitive course, in fact they were talking about getting rid of it this year.

They were thinking of getting rid of the History of Art course or the History of Art with study abroad course?
atheistwithfaith

Really? Because the prospectus claims that 511 applicants apply for 32 places - I'm not sure what that's based on but as far as I'm aware, History of art at Bristol is damn hard to get into

I'm not trying to contradict you haha, I'm just curious as to where you read/heard this :smile:
chloedabell
They were thinking of getting rid of the History of Art course or the History of Art with study abroad course?

History of Art = V350
History of Art with Study Abroad = V351, they're different courses and you apply directly to your chosen one over UCAS. I was curious about this for quite a while, but they're seperate. Sorry to disappoint you :frown:
Reply 5
I got an offer so this post is solved now.
Reply 6
Ohhhhh I am still waiting for my Study Abroad offer....or rejection. And WHAT?! They were thinking of stopping it? Oh my?! This is worrying!? Although it said on the website that it is a highly competetive course. :s-smilie:

Latest