The Student Room Group

Guy just won't leave me alone, stalks me online, hes extremely OBSESSED

Please just help me, Well about 2 ish years ago..Yes 2 years..When my family went on hoilday me and my sister made a bet (very foolish I know), like a 'pulling' kind of bet , to keep ourselves entertained.
It was only for 3 WEEKS, and this only happened really on the last week.

Anyways, I just had to pick this guy who I knew fancied me as I wanted to win the bet .He isn't a looker, I felt really bad for leading him on and even sick/dirty because I don't even fancy him. (it didn't do anything couldn't really go through with it most I did was a peck on the lips ON THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT)

Not once did I say anything like 'were together' it's was like a one off thing, nothing serious and he knew it. We were both old enough to know this (17)

I did give him my number and email, because I felt bad.

But I wish I hadn't, the guy was calling at early hours of the morning, texting constantly and emailing me too.

I tried everything! blanking his calls and emails, some how he seems to think were an 'item' and in a relationship, he psychologically trying to twist words in emails he says how i 'promised him i wont leave him'. That is totally not true! why would I say that to someone I met on hoilday. and he keeps calling me his 'gurl' it makes me feel sick. Also staying stuff like he can't live without me and that he loves me.

I finally emailed him stating to leave me alone then changed my email address and number,Which was about a year ago.

Now about 2 months ago I created a facebook, and 2 days after my facebook was created he friend requested me (only has 11 friends on fb). I honestly found that very creepy knowing that he has been searching my name in search engines constantly for years. Needless to say, I ignore he's friend request then the following day he added me as a friend again, I ignore it about 5 times and he kept sending friend requests so I blocked him. A month later I cleared my blocked list hoping that he had gotten the picture but no, he was back friend requesting me a couple days later (see really obsessed the guy types my name everytime), Now hes been sending pokes.

I don't know what to do? I'm tired of being the nice girl I feel like telling him to leave me the **** alone and stop stalking me, my other email is filled with junk mail from him remember it's almost going to 2 years.

I feel hes partly doing this because i'm practically the best offer there is good looking (not to sound conceited), wealthy and live abroad.

I just feel sick any time I think of him, his face and everything.

What can I do? i've ignore the guy for about a year and a half and he's just not getting the picture?

serious advice please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dude, send a complaint to Facebook about this guy. Block him again. But before you do so, send him a short email saying something like "F*** you, and leave me alone for God's sake! I never liked you to begin with!" It might sound really mean, but from what you described, he deserves it.
Reply 2
You did a horrible thing to someone, BUT it does sound like it's gone too far... I think you should send him a message explaining how you feel. Say it nicely, try not to make him angry, sounds like a bit of a nutter. Don't dive straight in with the **** you and blocking... because by the sounds of things he will just 'stalk you harder', may turn up at your house if you block all his other options.
Reply 3
What is his nationality?
You reap what you sow.
If you still have the emails... keep them safe. Inform his ISP, and his country's authorities (or the UK police, who can take all the stuff and sort it). It's drastic, but if it's been happening for so long, then he really does need to get the message. Don't bother replying to him in any way whatsoever. Knowing he is getting attention will just encourage him. Let the authorities sort him out!
Reply 6
Freols
You did a horrible thing to someone, BUT it does sound like it's gone too far... I think you should send him a message explaining how you feel. Say it nicely, try not to make him angry, sounds like a bit of a nutter. Don't dive straight in with the **** you and blocking... because by the sounds of things he will just 'stalk you harder', may turn up at your house if you block all his other options.

I know, but I tried this already, I asked him to calm down the texting, calling and email and explained nicely that I don't like him in that way and that he should move on I even said that if he keeps doing this I WILL change my number and email. When I started ignoring texts and emails he started e-crying and playing 24 question psychotic style asking what I would do if he died and stuff. This is when I decided to cut all contact.
Reply 7
Hahahaha...really funny! What a weirdo!

yeah, just tell him to **** off, be rude - you should have done it a long time ago tbh...you've gotta be cruel to be kind, if he thinks you like him or he has a hope in hell, he'll persist...

It sounds harsh but it's the only way to deal with that kind of behaviour - it's really not acceptable, you've made it quite plain by your actions, but you've got to be plainer in your words.
Leave him blocked. Don't check your old email. Change your number.

What's the problem?
tell him you've got a boyfriend?
Reply 10
Haha pretty much, you get what you give. So as it turns out, messing with someone isnt as fun as you thought ay? loser.
Reply 11
GodspeedGehenna

What's the problem?

The problem is i'm scared, I want HIM to get it through his head and MOVE on. I feel hes just trying to worm his way into my life. My parents have made plans to go back there next year....and I really don't want to go because of this as he will be there.
Sing-For-Absolution
tell him you've got a boyfriend?

^yep. Ignoring him is the easiset thing. Hell eventually get over it, no matter how creepy he is.... or tell him your boyfriend is really hench and pissed off that someones stalking his girl...
Reply 13
GodspeedGehenna

What's the problem?

I agree with this.

You say you have been blocking him but you haven't really because you give up after a while, and send him an email/check to see if he is still chasing after you. This gives him hope because he figures that you will reply eventually so he will keep trying.

If you read the 'Gift of Fear' by Gavin De Becker, that has some very good advice on dealing with stalkers and obsessive people like this. You can buy it on amazon or it might be in your local library.
You've bloody 'pecked him' and you get 'sick' when you think of his 'face'. You are conceited, especially if you're expressing it.

Oh, and change your FB security settings if you're so worried. If it's so deep, then even change your name, etc.
Take an absolutely banging dump and send him a pic of it.

That'd put any guy off any girl.
Sorted.
Reply 16
Ramadulla
You've bloody 'pecked him' and you get 'sick' when you think of his 'face'. You are conceited, especially if you're expressing it.

Oh, and change your FB security settings if you're so worried. If it's so deep, then even change your name, etc.

how does that make me conceited? i get sick because of all the things he says and does and how belittling myself by taking part in my sister's bet created all this. Not because his face is ugly. But thanks for your input.
chap54
Haha pretty much, you get what you give. So as it turns out, messing with someone isnt as fun as you thought ay? loser.

Lol yeah, a tiny lead on deserves 2 years of crazy internet stalking by a freak. :rolleyes:

OP this guy sounds insane. I wouldn't be extremely rude because it might encourage him to be more persistant, but maybe look into reporting him to facebook/the police, anything to see who can help.

And also tell your parents/sister.
Reply 19
Poo_Inc
I know, but I tried this already, I asked him to calm down the texting, calling and email and explained nicely that I don't like him in that way and that he should move on I even said that if he keeps doing this I WILL change my number and email. When I started ignoring texts and emails he started e-crying and playing 24 question psychotic style asking what I would do if he died and stuff. This is when I decided to cut all contact.

In that case, contact facebook, and contact the police if it continues. It's more than a bit weird, this guy obviously has a genuine obsession, and some kind of mental illness, I would worry for your safety. If you block him, he WILL find you again.

Latest