Quite good I say :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
SuperSweet
sounds good!..i would suggest to do some reading before u start this course..its intense...and its only 1st term....

Hi I have an offer for straight social anthropology. Do you think its possible to switch to law and social anthropology when Im there? Also s it true that you're exempt from the GDL conversion course? Whats the difference in employability between the joint course students and straight LLB ones?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't find answers anywhere :p:
Reply 7
T-o dore
Hi I have an offer for straight social anthropology. Do you think its possible to switch to law and social anthropology when Im there? Also s it true that you're exempt from the GDL conversion course? Whats the difference in employability between the joint course students and straight LLB ones?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't find answers anywhere :p:

I Don't think it will be possible to switch to law and anthro, because(unless you do it literally in the first week of term-not sure what they would say though), yes we are exempt from the conversion course because we satisfy all the modular requirements throughout the 3 years, but this also means that we don't really get much selection of modules. And the employablility is the same, when you do the joint course you actually gain more skills so personally you will be more equipped, if you are planning to be a lawyer, its exactly the same as doing an LLB at LSE in terms of employment you just have to make sure you make use of all the internship and work experience opportunites.
SuperSweet
I Don't think it will be possible to switch to law and anthro, because(unless you do it literally in the first week of term-not sure what they would say though), yes we are exempt from the conversion course because we satisfy all the modular requirements throughout the 3 years, but this also means that we don't really get much selection of modules. And the employablility is the same, when you do the joint course you actually gain more skills so personally you will be more equipped, if you are planning to be a lawyer, its exactly the same as doing an LLB at LSE in terms of employment you just have to make sure you make use of all the internship and work experience opportunites.

Well, here are the reasons I would use to ask to change:

I have had 2 weeks experience at a major law firm in London, with another couple weeks of experience at a Firm specializing in Media law in London planned for this summer.
Many Uni's use the LNAT to distinguish between applicants, and Critical thinking is very similar to this exam. I got distinction in Critical thinking AEA.
I have read lots of things which have really built up an interest in Law, and I think Law with anthropology would be an awesome degree combination.

Also, I would ask before arriving at LSE.

edit: Anyway, the standard offer is exactly the same, whereas straight law is AAA.

Edit *2: Don't worry, not going to LSE anymore

Latest

Trending

Trending