The Student Room Group

What is UC02 - do i have a severe disadvantage now?

I've logged into UCAS track and my status reads as UC02, most people have UC01. What does this mean? I have applied to unis last year and now am re-applying with grades for 2010

Also I have to use the same personal ID number to log into track when I was given a new one when I registered for 2010 entry.

Help!!!!!
this is real bad!!
Reply 2
I think it just means that this is your second application.
fridaystan
I think it just means that this is your second application.

so will this be a disadvantage to me? Also I have two different personal ID's now!!!! Should I phone UCAS about it??
the-tooth-brigade
Why would you have 2 personal IDs? Your application from last year isn't active anymore, just calm down and stop stressing.

I do! I have one for registering this year but I have to use last years one to get into track, it has the old ID on my welcome letter too! :eek3:
Reply 5
cruciform
I do! I have one for registering this year but I have to use last years one to get into track, it has the old ID on my welcome letter too! :eek3:

Apparently, when you reapply your new track number becomes obsolete and you revert back to the old one. This hasn't happened for me though, cos my old number's not in use and I need the new one to access track.
Reply 6
Just call them - it's the easiest way to sort it out.
Jingers
Apparently, when you reapply your new track number becomes obsolete and you revert back to the old one. This hasn't happened for me though, cos my old number's not in use and I need the new one to access track.

but your a re-applicant as well, so why is your old number not in use?
Reply 8
cruciform
so will this be a disadvantage to me? Also I have two different personal ID's now!!!! Should I phone UCAS about it??

I don't think it necessarily will be a disadvantage but the universities will know that you applied last year to. However, they probably don't care about that as I think many people do so for different reasons.
And yes, do phone UCAS about the other thing.
Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine :smile:
Reply 9
cruciform

Mines the same cos i've reapplied. Stop stressing :p:
You were given the same one again because its your second app, whats the point in having two?
kaytee.
Mines the same cos i've reapplied. Stop stressing :p:
You were given the same one again because its your second app, whats the point in having two?

but do you have two personal Id's like me?
Reply 11
cruciform

I think I was given a different one when I first started the new application but after I completed it I was given the old one back and I used that to sign into track
Reply 12
cruciform
but your a re-applicant as well, so why is your old number not in use?

For some reason, I have UC01. Maybe it's because I changed schools? I've already emailed my 5 unis saying I've reapplied and changed colleges etc, so they should be informed of my situation.
kaytee.
I think I was given a different one when I first started the new application but after I completed it I was given the old one back and I used that to sign into track

okay, login to apply, not track, on UCAS. Does it show your new ID or old ID?
Reply 14
cruciform
okay, login to apply, not track, on UCAS. Does it show your new ID or old ID?

It shows the new one but if the letter you got off ucas shows your old one then use that because that's the one the unis will have
Reply 15
cruciform

YOU DON'T HAVE TWO! IF YOU ASK FOR ADVICE LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY! Your one from this years application is now 'gone'. You only need to use the old one from last years application as they reassign you that one because most people will have memorized it!
Reply 16
Since UCAS use the same personal ID for multiple applications, they need some way of telling them apart. They do this by changing you from UC01 to UC02 - it's nothing to worry about. It''s just like having 2 people in your class at school called "Jennifer", and deciding to call one "Jenny" to avoid confusion
Reply 17
Do universities see the UC02 or in general know that it's your second application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending