The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think these schools;

Jönköping International Business School(Jönköping University) - Sweden
BI Oslo - Norway
Copenhagen Business School - Denmark
Reply 2
Okay just found out that Norway is one of the only countries who have not yet adopted the non-EU international tuition fee ruling. Is University of Oslo good? Any other universities to recommend (with undergrad courses conducted in English and not requiring proficiency in their native language)? I realized German universities require you to be proficient in German

Edit: ARGH! just found another catch! " All Bachelor's degrees at the University of Oslo are taught in Norwegian. " Damn :frown:
Reply 3
Hey. Sweden have a few degrees conducted in English, but they also have the opportunity to build your own degree by taking modules free-standing, until you have enough modules for a degree (you need 3 semesters within your field including a thesis to graduate, so you can't pick and mix totally on random of course). There are plenty of modules conducted in English. And you can also choose to do one of the years abroad, in English.
Reply 4
My friend from Norway says that if you go there and speak English then they will conduct the lectures in English. She went to the university in Bergen. No idea how many would do tht and it's not official I think but you can always ask.
Reply 5
synvilla
Hey. Sweden have a few degrees conducted in English, but they also have the opportunity to build your own degree by taking modules free-standing, until you have enough modules for a degree (you need 3 semesters within your field including a thesis to graduate, so you can't pick and mix totally on random of course). There are plenty of modules conducted in English. And you can also choose to do one of the years abroad, in English.

yup but whats stopping me from going to sweden right now is the non-EU international fees which is going to be imposed very soon. That would make swedish education as expensive as a uk one for a non-EU international. :frown:
Reply 6
Valour
yup but whats stopping me from going to sweden right now is the non-EU international fees which is going to be imposed very soon. That would make swedish education as expensive as a uk one for a non-EU international. :frown:

When will they be imposed? :confused: Never heard of it!

Edit: OK, you're right! But they have a scholarship system also, no?
Reply 7
synvilla
When will they be imposed? :confused: Never heard of it!
search "swedish university international non-eu fees" in google :frown:
Reply 8
Valour
search "swedish university international non-eu fees" in google :frown:

read my edit! I googled it. But I'm pro tuition fees though, it doesn't make sense to get the Swedish government to pay for your studies if you don't plan to work in Sweden.
Reply 9
BI - The Norwegian School of Management in Oslo have a number of courses in English. You can for example do a BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) there. Be aware though, tuition fees are ca 5000 gbp a year and living in Oslo is ******* expensive. Great city though, and the girls are stunning,
I looked into the University of Southern Denmark myself, and they have a lot of undergraduate courses in English and look like a nice university, too! I talked to someone who studies there and he aboslutely loved it. They also don't want tution fees from EU students.

In Germany I only know of private universities that teach entire undergraduate degrees in English. The only one I can think of right now is Jacob's University. It's quite expensive though.

Dutch universities actually offer a lot of degrees in English, some involve Dutch, too but not all of them - you should really check those out! Tution fees are also quite cheap for EU students. I don't know abou internationals though.
Reply 11
there are some in norway, some mor ein dk/sweden.
the netherlands are a good idea, too.

so, what do you want to study?
Reply 12
Most Scandinavian countries have some courses available in English. Additionally, France offers some, but I'm only aware of MSc Economics courses that are available in English (obviously since it's my speciality :p: )... though they may offer others.

The real question should be... what course do you want to study?
Reply 13
Economics and Business (BSc) at Universiteit van Amsterdam

Entirely English taught, requires no proficiency in Dutch, the fees are very competitive for EU citizens and it is a well-regarded university. I am currently considering applying.

Latest

Trending

Trending