The Student Room Group

Buying underwear for my boyfriend

I want to buy me new boyfriend some designer underwear for his birthday. We've been going out for a couple of months and I hope that I may see him in them sometime soon. The only trouble is that I don't yet know if he wears boxers or briefs. How can I find out without asking him directly which would give away my birthday surprise. I think he may wear briefs as he plays a lot of sport at college and he also calls them pants rather than boxers. Any suggestions on how I can find out for sure, will I offend him if I buy him briefs if he wears boxers or will boys wear whatever they are given? Maybe I should ask his Mum?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, most guys wear boxers, i dont know of any guys who dont. Most guys dont just wear any though my boyfriend is just as fussy about his underwear as i am about mine, and i know my brother is as well. I bought my boyfriend some calvin klein boxers for christmas he loved them.
Try to just bring it up in conversation he is your boyfriend, or if your out shoping point some out and say they are kool and see what his reaction is. I dout his mom would know what boxers he likes, unless she still buys them for him :s.
Anyway good luck xxx
Reply 2
What do you mean you don't know how to find out whether he wears boxers or briefs?! o.O

Please tell me you're younger than 16 if that's legit.

Anyway, get him boxers and he can like em or lump em; of which he'll do the former 95/100.
Assume he wears boxers.
Ask his mum, if she still buys his underwear then she should know. And if she does, you might want to consider changing your boyfriend?

I jest, asking his mother could cause unneccesary embarrasment. As the other posters have said, get him boxers - almost everyone wears them now.
Reply 5
I thought that as he is really sporty he is more likely to wear briefs. I've also never seen boxers showing above his jeans or shorts. As he calls them pants does this not mean they are briefs rather than boxer shorts? He's only 17 so there is a good chance his Mum does still buy them for him
Reply 6
Just buy him boxers...
Reply 7
Anonymous
I thought that as he is really sporty he is more likely to wear briefs. I've also never seen boxers showing above his jeans or shorts. As he calls them pants does this not mean they are briefs rather than boxer shorts? He's only 17 so there is a good chance his Mum does still buy them for him

Next time you kiss him behind the bike shed, pull his underwear an inch out of the top of his trousers.

If the elastic is about an inch thick - boxers. If the elastic is a lot thinner - briefs. :smile:
Reply 8
ManicManc
Next time you kiss him behind the bike shed, pull his underwear an inch out of the top of his trousers.

If the elastic is about an inch thick - boxers. If the elastic is a lot thinner - briefs. :smile:

I have boxers with no elastic showing. The material of the boxer is sewn around it.

So wont always work :P
Reply 9
MikeL230
I have boxers with no elastic showing. The material of the boxer is sewn around it.

This. This sounds like. Like heaven....
Reply 10
Assume boxers seems safe.

I hate designer boxers though, complete waste of money imo.
Reply 11
MikeL230

Yeah I got them too, but you can definitely feel the thickness of the elastic.

Just pull his pants down and take a look doll! :wink: He won't mind, believe!
Reply 12
Boxers , but tbh I am sure he would be happy with something else.
Boxers after a few months seems weird to me
Reply 13
Why do you want to buy him underwear for him to wear?

Women these days are such silly moos :facepalm:

What you do my dear, is go out and buy yourself some sexy lingerie, invite him round to yours, open the door wearing a dressing gown, when you go upstairs, slide out of it and then :snow::snow::snow::snow: his brains out.

Alternatively go for the safe option and ask his mum.
Reply 14
Next time you're at his house and he leaves his room... Check his drawers :wink:
Reply 15
Buy him whatever you want to see him in, just like he would for you :tongue:
lella_m
Next time you're at his house and he leaves his room... Check his drawers :wink:
:biggrin: Nice pun.
Reply 17
maybe I should get him a pair of boxers and a pair of briefs then I can't be wrong, as I'm sure most boys will have at least a few pairs of both types
Reply 18
jismith1989
:biggrin: Nice pun.

Anonymous
maybe I should get him a pair of boxers and a pair of briefs then I can't be wrong, as I'm sure most boys will have at least a few pairs of both types
Why do you want to get him underwear anyway? Want to see him naked but too timid to ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending