The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4700
Trigger
Stretched to 4mm :woo:

How long did that take you? :p:
I used to be at 5mm before I took them out.
I've started all over again and i'm now at 1.6mm :mad: ..

Not sure how long to leave in between stretches, any ideas anyone?
Jinxy

About 8 weeks ideally. Though i seem to have got an infection in there now somehow, i can only think that something nasty got on the plug when i popped it in. Anyway i am salt soaking with a little TCP and have taken Ibuprofen for the swelling and it seems to be getting better.
Reply 4702
I try to leave a month before stretches but I'm so impatient. The larger gauges are further apart so you need to leave longer between them. But after you've done couple you know when your ear is healed so it's easier to judge then.
Reply 4703
Jinxy

I went from normal size to 8mm like the space of 6 weeks but I was 14 and had no idea. Since then (3 and half years on) I'm up to 12mm and never used anything. When I couldn't take pushing it anymore i used to leave the taper in over night as far as i had pushed it in then i'd leave it till morning and it usually slipped through real easy then i'd leave it there few days and stick the tunnel in.

If I'd known then I'd use this stuff-
http://www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk%2f&WD=bpa&PN=Body_Jewellery_The_Basics.html%23a17_21010013#a17_21010013

I swear by it for piercing aftercare along with savlon, but apparently it's great for stretching, which I will not be doing anymore.
Reply 4704
metalexi
I went from normal size to 8mm like the space of 6 weeks but I was 14 and had no idea. Since then (3 and half years on) I'm up to 12mm and never used anything. When I couldn't take pushing it anymore i used to leave the taper in over night as far as i had pushed it in then i'd leave it till morning and it usually slipped through real easy then i'd leave it there few days and stick the tunnel in.

If I'd known then I'd use this stuff-
http://www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk%2f&WD=bpa&PN=Body_Jewellery_The_Basics.html%23a17_21010013#a17_21010013

I swear by it for piercing aftercare along with savlon, but apparently it's great for stretching, which I will not be doing anymore.

Leaving tapers in overnight/for several days is generally a no-no.
Reply 4705
nadiah
Leaving tapers in overnight/for several days is generally a no-no.

Ha, like i said, I was young a clueless and haven't stretched for about 2 years.
I was fine, but didn't know you had to put the tunnel in straight away?
Reply 4706
metalexi
Ha, like i said, I was young a clueless and haven't stretched for about 2 years.

LOL i just read an angry thread of people at someone who asked this question for not doing their research. I don't think leaving a taper in over night is gonna hurt esp at like 5mm or something.
Reply 4707
metalexi

Fair enough :P
Really you do need to put the plug or tunnel in straight away (maybe keep the taper in for a few minutes/an hour max), as tapers cause uneven stretching when left in(and I wouldn't want to keep something spiky in my ear when I was sleeping anyway :s-smilie: )
As well as this most tapers are acrylic, which is not safe for fresh piercings or a fresh stretch.

If you have issues with putting it in straight away your ears might not have been ready.

I think taping is 100000 times better than tapers anyway :wink:
Reply 4708
nadiah
Fair enough :P
Really you do need to put the plug or tunnel in straight away (maybe keep the taper in for a few minutes/an hour max), as tapers cause uneven stretching when left in(and I wouldn't want to keep something spiky in my ear when I was sleeping anyway :s-smilie: )
As well as this most tapers are acrylic, which is not safe for fresh piercings or a fresh stretch.

If you have issues with putting it in straight away your ears might not have been ready.

I think taping is 100000 times better than tapers anyway :wink:

I'd agree with you there :smile:

I'm not gonna stretch anymore, but after hearing that I'm amazed my ear is okay!
Reply 4709
metalexi
I'd agree with you there :smile:

I'm not gonna stretch anymore, but after hearing that I'm amazed my ear is okay!

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/steel_stretching_crescent_4607467.cfm

I've started using these for my lobes, i'm at 1.6 atm.
Are these ok to use? I plan to just leave them in till i stretch up again.
Reply 4710
Jinxy
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/steel_stretching_crescent_4607467.cfm

I've started using these for my lobes, i'm at 1.6 atm.
Are these ok to use? I plan to just leave them in till i stretch up again.

I'd say so, at 1.6 shouldn't be a problem. What you aiming to get to?
Reply 4711
metalexi
I'd say so, at 1.6 shouldn't be a problem. What you aiming to get to?

8mm, I think. I'll see how well my ears do, from past experiences they don't stretch amazingly well and they like to be left for long periods of time. I do look after them but it just seems like they dont want to stretch. :frown:
Hey! I've never had a tattoo before and I am looking to get an inspirational tattoo on my wrist- any ideas??
thanks!
lovenotwar
Hey! I've never had a tattoo before and I am looking to get an inspirational tattoo on my wrist- any ideas??
thanks!

It's your tattoo :dontknow: we can hardly tell you what you can be inspired by.
I know you can't tell me what inspires me, I was just asking for suggestions on inspirational quotes, something short, and not cheesy... I mightn't necessarily find it works for me, but then again, maybe I will! It's worth a try!!
lovenotwar
I know you can't tell me what inspires me, I was just asking for suggestions on inspirational quotes, something short, and not cheesy... I mightn't necessarily find it works for me, but then again, maybe I will! It's worth a try!!

If you want to ink something on your wrist that means nothing to you then go ahead but can i suggest perhaps Googling "inspirational quotes" and doing it yourself?
is it me or were the last three posts of him abusing you removed?
Was he having a go at me? I just tried to click on the quote and it's all been deleted :dontknow: Some people just don't like having the obvious pointed out do they?
Trigger
Was he having a go at me? I just tried to click on the quote and it's all been deleted :dontknow: Some people just don't like having the obvious pointed out do they?

Yeah, he called you a rude word :p:

To which I was gonna reply:

She's actually making a good point - if you have to ask someone what you should get tattooed on your wrist, you shouldn't really be getting a tattoo right now. If it's not something truly special to you the chances are you might regret it later on.

My suggestion is to postpone getting the tattoo until you are sure of a design - you can find some AMAZING tattoo work here: http://browse.deviantart.com/traditional/#catpath=traditional/bodyart/bodymods/tattoos&order=9
bananaslug77
Yeah, he called you a rude word :p:

To which I was gonna reply:

She's actually making a good point - if you have to ask someone what you should get tattooed on your wrist, you shouldn't really be getting a tattoo right now. If it's not something truly special to you the chances are you might regret it later on.

My suggestion is to postpone getting the tattoo until you are sure of a design - you can find some AMAZING tattoo work here: http://browse.deviantart.com/traditional/#catpath=traditional/bodyart/bodymods/tattoos&order=9
Sometimes children need to learn...

Quick Reply

Latest