The Student Room Group

History and Sociology @ University of Manchester?!?!

I need help:

Basically...I got a conditional offer from Manc of A, B, B. But I was wondering whether the subject of History and Sociology is generally over-subscribed or whether it isn't particularly popular?!
I had underachieved at AS level which initally made me think that it wasn't very well thought of, and therefore not many students apply?

However, now, when I think about it, I think my personal statement was pretty alright and GCSES were pretty good..and maybe that's the reason I got an offer?

Getting to the point...do many people apply for the joint honours degree of History and Sociology? If I wasn't to achieve the required grades, what are the chances I could still get in...(baring in mind I am having a deferred entry; 2011).

If anyone could offer any advice it would be much appreciated, I realise this is the 'million pound question'..and maybe unanswerable, but some information is better than none at all.

R.R
Reply 1
if you're at manchester now - what is the course like/is it over subscribed... i've applied and am hoping to do hist and sociology in september this year but cant find anyone thats applied for it hhaha! slightly worrying.. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending