The Student Room Group

The English Literature (LITB3 - 20/06/12) Thread

heya guys,

I remeber all the panic we all had last summer so i think we should have a thread right from the beginning and be sure on the exam so we can start with any general questions some may have and go from there.

Good luck and all the best...

Scroll to see replies

Yeah thats a good idea i think... are you doing gothic or pastoral?
Reply 2
has anyone got any tips on remembering quotes?
Reply 3
hey yeah i am doing gothic. we don't have to specifically remeber quotes word for word but we can refer to them. i am going to try and rememevbr quotes which contains lots of gothiv elements eg setting, supernatural quote may refer to suprentural castle....can you see were i am going with it????
tips on remembering quotes- well i think you just have to make notes on sort of generic quotes with lots of gothicky stuff to analyse that could be used when certain types of question come up...we're going through possible questions for Dr Faustus for part A at the moment, and there's lots of stuff you want to bring up no matter what the individual question is, 'cause it brings in the gothic elements

if your quotes have a lot to analyse in them i guess they'll be more memorable anyway, but you just have to make notes on them and keep going over them to learn them. I don't think it matters if the exact wording of your quotes is wrong, as long as they're mostly correct and the points you're making from them are valid :smile:
Reply 5
heya are you sitting this exam in january???
Elements of the Gothic here, has anyone started the Critical Anthology coursework? Can anyone help? I don't know what to do, do you just chose a topic out of the anthology?
Reply 7
is anyone sitting this exam on january the 25th? anyone????
Reply 8
YES and im so worried, i never know how to revise for english
There's so much to say its just relating it to the question and making things fit into what would be termed supernatural or occult or horror and terror blah
Reply 9
yeah too right
what novels are you doing?? :smile:
Reply 10
Rosyred809
yeah too right
what novels are you doing?? :smile:

Frankenstein for section A
MAcbeth, Bloody Chamber and WUthering Heights section B
unless the frankenstein question is ridiculous then i might struglle through on eof the others for A
how about you?
bethany_CA
unless the frankenstein question is ridiculous then i might struglle through on eof the others for A
how about you?

Wow we're only doing three texts :s-smilie: I'm going for Frankenstein for section A too, hopefully the questions are decent :p: good luck everyone.

Edit: everyone seems to be doing four texts?! :O

Edit edit: panic over, just looked at the specification: three is the minimum.
Reply 12
bethany_CA
how about you?

i am doing three i am doing the bloody chamber for section a i am hoping for setting or the supernatural for sectionb?? how you all feeling about the exam????
Reply 13
SCARED about exam...
Reply 14
terrified
Reply 15
i am fear stiffened man...hopefully low grade boundaires am soooo worried i have 2 hours before hand a business exam and biology the same day whooo lol :frown:
Reply 16
i have biology too - OCR?
yep got a D in the mock feeling really confident about monday in one weeks time~!!!
Reply 17
bethany_CA
i have biology too - OCR?
yep got a D in the mock feeling really confident about monday in one weeks time~!!!

aqa lol.....hopefully teh grade boundaries will be low i also have business...that same day i am going to have the time of my life lol.....what have you been doing in preparation???? i really hope there are nice questions!!!!!!
Reply 18
i feel like all my english is a waste of time because i dont remember anything apart from the stnadard points so may just focus on quotes that have good lang analysis
Reply 19
How did people get on in this exam?
Can you remember the questions? I'd like access to the Jan 2010 paper so I can see what won't come up this summer :L

Quick Reply

Latest