The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hmmm, I didn't think about pH but yes :yep: I'm quit surprised there was nothing there too...

:yep: I got the first part of the question (two on top and one on bottom)- bless you for the 3 :p: , but it was the "Which is heaviest" bit that got me...
Ahh, jealous. Our school makes us do C2 and C3 together in the summer. Good luck with your results guys, would make my life so much less stressful if we did this exam today. :]
Reply 42
infintywhirls
Ahh, jealous. Our school makes us do C2 and C3 together in the summer. Good luck with your results guys, would make my life so much less stressful if we did this exam today. :]

Awww that sucks... :thumbsdown:

They really should have let you sit it today so that you can have a second chance if you want it in the summer...
Reply 43
infintywhirls

How annoying! At our school we've done C2 and P2 together, and we're starting B2 next week, and we have a chance to retake all of them in the summer + 2 more chances to retake the multiple choice Core Science exams too. Good luck!
Reply 44
SO glad this exam is over! I found it easy, to be honest - unlike the Biology paper, I finished in good time and was able to answer every question sensibly! I totally screwed up the Bio one :mad:

Not looking forward to Physics on wednesday... I hate physics, i've done very little revision and I don't understand most of it..:eek3:!
How are these exams marked? If two answers are written for a 1 mark question, will the wrong answer be ignored and right one marked correct?
Reply 46
Ninja Student
How are these exams marked? If two answers are written for a 1 mark question, will the wrong answer be ignored and right one marked correct?

:no: Erm, don't think so.. if one part is wrong it cancels out the rest of the answer so I don't think you get the mark.
That's how our teacher marked our mocks with us anyway, could be wrong.
Reply 47
Annie038
How annoying! At our school we've done C2 and P2 together, and we're starting B2 next week, and we have a chance to retake all of them in the summer + 2 more chances to retake the multiple choice Core Science exams too. Good luck!

:yep: That's how we're doing ours.
What year are you in?? 10?
Reply 48
wooow thanks for all the quick replies - my and my friend posted this almost immediately after our exam finished hahaa!

All our answers are pretty much exactly the same as everyone else on here so fingers crossed we did well. Thinking the grade boundaries will be high though? PHYSICS WEDNESDAY (Y) ahhhh
susie_love
:no: Erm, don't think so.. if one part is wrong it cancels out the rest of the answer so I don't think you get the mark.
That's how our teacher marked our mocks with us anyway, could be wrong.

Yes, was worried so looked in the mark scheme - you are right. If there are multiple answers, and one or more is wrong, a mark is detracted. That isn't fair.
Reply 50
Feza
Hi, I did the exam today as well, I'm also new to tsr and I was wondering if one of you could tell me how you got 3400g for the penultimate question?

"What mass of ammonia is needed to make 6000g of urea?"

Mr of Ammonia = 17
Mr of Urea = 60

I got 850g by doing 6000/60 = 100, ratio is 50:100, then 17*50 = 850g

I know may working may be wrong (probably is), but I would like to know where I went wrong. Thanks.

Right, you forgot that the ammonia molecule had a 2 in front of the formula.

So the mass number would be be 34.

6000/60 = 100 moles.

Then it would be 34 x 100 = 3400g.
Reply 51
susie_love
:yep: That's how we're doing ours.
What year are you in?? 10?

Nope in Y11! I'm retaking a B (C1B) from Core Science and thats pretty much it :smile: I've got physics tomorrow though and i know i have to retake it..
Weird thing is though that the results of C2 and P2 come out after the resit dates :woo: :mad: (if you see what i mean?)
Reply 52
fazad
How do u know that, our teacher to us we get the results in March and therefore after seeing our result we can decide which module we want to resit. I really messed up the lat page. Dont think i got any of it right... but still think i can scrape an A*

Our teachers told us today, it happened the same last year - but it might just be our school? I messed up the copper kettle question and probably lost a load of marks along the way :s-smilie:
Yes, it's just your school, results come in March.
Reply 54
Ninja Student
Yes, was worried so looked in the mark scheme - you are right. If there are multiple answers, and one or more is wrong, a mark is detracted. That isn't fair.

:sadnod: I agree, it's not fair.
Good luck on your results anyway!
Reply 55
Annie038
Nope in Y11! I'm retaking a B (C1B) from Core Science and thats pretty much it :smile: I've got physics tomorrow though and i know i have to retake it..
Weird thing is though that the results of C2 and P2 come out after the resit dates :woo: :mad: (if you see what i mean?)

Ahhh, alright :biggrin:
We've started B2 (after-school lessons) now (the exam is in the summer) and we're going to be sitting P1a and P1b in March. After doing B2, we'll move to P2 which we'll sit in the summer as well... sigh... the only problem with modular exams is that once you've finished one you're onto revising for another :P
Reply 56
Can schools refuse resits for P2, C2 and B2? I think I did well on this exam but I messed up the Bio one and I doubt I'll do well tomorrow. But the thing is, my school is saying that we can't resit as we ''won't have time''? :frown:
Awesomesauce
I found it so much easier than past papers that I did. Much of it did not test my knowledge though, and they may increase the grade boundaries, which im pretty disapointed about. I would rather have a slightly harder paper with the same grade boundaries as last year.

yeah me too, why can't the boundaries stay the same at 34 or 35 marks for an A*. I would much rather have a harder paper.
Awesomesauce
If they raise the grade boundaries, i'm gonna be extremely disapointed. I got the 2nd last question wrong so thats 3 marks down the drain. I MUST GET AN A*... I've tried so hard!!

Yeah me too, the stupid moles always confuse me. I have suspicions that I got the last question wrong too because I think I wrote the wrong relative formula mass for the wrong compound. How many marks was the last question...1 or 2?
Dinglevak
do remember there are the ret**ded corner shop hoodies which spell chemistry like 'kemistree' doing the test, so grade boundaries should stay constant :P

oh I really do hope so because I've now realised that i made some silly mistakes which I think will cost me my A*. Oh mannn :banghead:

Latest

Trending

Trending