Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Thanks everyone.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
It's now a week later and my offer has appeared on UCAS. So it wasn't that long after the status changed.
Reply 562
Just wondering if anyone knew how likely it is to be rejected from Durham after your application has been approved by the department?

Thanks xx
Congratulations, you're definitely getting an offer! They just have to decide whether they'll offer your first choice college or you'll get the offer from another one! It will only show up on UCAS track after the college has made a decision
Reply 564
AES just changed my status to say it has been sent to college. UCAS however hasn't updated anything. Would it only show on UCAS if I get an offer?

And AES just says 'sent to college' but (I know I applied for Trevs - Econs) how do we know if we're transferred to another in the case of a college without space?
Reply 565
yes, UCAS will only update if you get an offer.
limx
And AES just says 'sent to college' but (I know I applied for Trevs - Econs) how do we know if we're transferred to another in the case of a college without space?

The college listed on the sidebar will change.
what will AES say if a rejection is coming? or will it just come through on ucas and leave AES ad received by department
Reply 568
nofish4u
what will AES say if a rejection is coming? or will it just come through on ucas and leave AES ad received by department

I don't think it says anything. I'm not completely sure but I believe UCAS updates faster anyway so you'd know either way.

Positive thinking though! Good luck. (:
Reply 569
I just checked AES and it said my application has been received by a college. I didn't specify colleges, however. Is the likelihod that I will be put forward for a less popular one? I don't particularly mind, just would like to know x
Meow7
I just checked AES and it said my application has been received by a college. I didn't specify colleges, however. Is the likelihod that I will be put forward for a less popular one? I don't particularly mind, just would like to know x

The less popular ones will probably have more spaces so it seems likely. However it seems to be fairly random with open apps; I've seen people end up in Castle or Hatfield with them before.

However if AES says you're in college, there should be a college listed on the menu at the side and that's the one your application is with at the moment. :smile:
Reply 571
generic hybrid
The less popular ones will probably have more spaces so it seems likely. However it seems to be fairly random with open apps; I've seen people end up in Castle or Hatfield with them before.

However if AES says you're in college, there should be a college listed on the menu at the side and that's the one your application is with at the moment. :smile:

Sounds good, suppose I'll just have to wait and see :smile:

I just checked my AES but there is no college listed on the side menu :confused:
Reply 572
generic hybrid

My aes states
* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

But there is no college stated in the side bar. I applied to Trevs though. Does this mean that my application is still not with a college?
Reply 573
limx
My aes states
* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

But there is no college stated in the side bar. I applied to Trevs though. Does this mean that my application is still not with a college?

It's the same for me. Mine says exactly the same, but I sent an open application, and no college is listed in the sidebar.

It did only get updated today though so maybe it will be a little longer for it to show up in AES?
Yeah, maybe it'll show up soon. Or it could be that they've changed the AES layout since I last used it. :colondollar:
Reply 575
Just got some good info from another person in another thread. If you clicky on personal links in the AES sidebar the college will be the one your application is with x
Reply 576
Meow7
Just got some good info from another person in another thread. If you clicky on personal links in the AES sidebar the college will be the one your application is with x

I saw the post too. In the other Durham applicants thread. Well I'm still at wherever I applied to so, yay!
Reply 577
What does it mean when there are 2 colleges listed? I am in college, but there are 2 listed, my first priority and another =O
Reply 578
Where is a college mentioned? My AES says my application has been sent to a college for consideration, but I can't see where any particular college is mentioned....
Reply 579
phil28
Where is a college mentioned? My AES says my application has been sent to a college for consideration, but I can't see where any particular college is mentioned....

it was under the personal links section previously but they changed the system around the start of feb so no one could see what college they were in anymore. apparently this was done cuz people were getting upset at being shifted from college to college.

oh well, wish i knew which college they put me in too.

Latest