The Student Room Group

A* at A level question thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
_anum
for maths edexcel to get an overall a* ?

don't know! :frown:
Reply 161
c0nfus3d
don't know! :frown:

hhahaa are u doing edexcel and are u asking how to get an a* with that board....lol dont get what ur asking :P
Reply 162
_anum
hhahaa are u doing edexcel and are u asking how to get an a* with that board....lol dont get what ur asking :P

with any board?
Reply 163
c0nfus3d
with any board?

well with edexcel you have to get an averge of 90% in C3 and C4 and the other 4 modules you do you need to get an average of 80% to get an a*, not sure how it works for other boards like aqa...hope this helps :smile:
Reply 164
Okay I whizzed through the thread, but being the pillock I am, I didn't quite get it.

Do you get an A* at a level by getting 90% + in each a module or overall A2?

reply asap!

bump*

huh?
Reply 165
_anum
well with edexcel you have to get an averge of 90% in C3 and C4 and the other 4 modules you do you need to get an average of 80% to get an a*, not sure how it works for other boards like aqa...hope this helps :smile:

made a thread about it. Thanks anyway! :smile:
Reply 166
c0nfus3d
made a thread about it. Thanks anyway! :smile:

okayy :smile: ...sorry couldnt be more help!
Reply 167
_anum
okayy :smile: ...sorry couldnt be more help!

It's okay! :biggrin:
You need 80% in AS and 90% in A2 to qualify for the A*
Reply 169
I think you have to get 90% in each exam.
you need 80% AVERAGE overall. And 90% AVERAGE for A2 modules.
Average of 90% in all A2 modules
Reply 172
Sabiha09
I think you have to get 90% in each exam.

???????????????????
For maths, you need to get 180 UMS from C3 and C4 - an average of 90% in the two. The third applied module doesn't count, but you do need 80% average over the whole 6 units. I'm not sure how it works for other subjects.
mahaneap
I'm not sure how it works for other subjects.

Read post number six then.
Why did you feel the need to bump your own thread twice within five minutes of posting it?
Reply 176
parpirate
Why did you feel the need to bump your own thread twice within five minutes of posting it?

Impatience is not a virtue, I know :frown:
Reply 177
Lou Reed
Check the Exam boards' website, you'll end up more c0nfus3d here.

LOL! :biggrin:
Reply 178
Is it possible to get A* in your Alevel even if you resit an A2 module.... nobody seems to know....some people seem to think so...other disagree....anyone know for sure? Any proof?
I say yes because I need to.

If the answer's no then I am saaaad. D:

Quick Reply

Latest